Stephen out for UMass | The Boneyard

Stephen out for UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also said Whitmer had a good preseason camp, McEntee had a "tremendous" preseason camp. Wreh-Wilson is the exclusive Captain, too much leadership to share with somebody else. And said the 16 seniors are the most loyal group of football players or some such thing he's ever had the pleasure to coach, would want to be in a "foxhole" with them.

Source: http://courantblogs.com/uconn-footb...er/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Reaction Score
Hope that it's only precautionary & Shamar is progressing in his rehabilitation. If so, it's a good move by Coach P & his staff. No need to rush S.S. back & it gives valuable playing experience to his understudies against the Minutemen. "Hang 60 on them!"

Reaction Score
I didn't expect Stephen to play vs. UMass. I really want him back for NC State though.

Interesting that BWW is the only captain.

Reaction Score
I think he said BWW is the only captain named yet. I expect there to be others - Sio, one of the DEs, Masters

Reaction Score
I didn't expect Stephen to play vs. UMass. I really want him back for NC State though.

Interesting that BWW is the only captain.
I would be surprised if we see him for NC State. Last week at open practice he was still on crutches and somebody there who chatted it up said he could not put much weight on it - makes sense given that he was on crutches.

We may see him for some plays, but he would have to go a ways in just a month.

Reaction Score
I hope i am wrong but i think the lack of news regarding Stephen is a bad sign. When it comes to injuries, teams usually rush to report good news.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hope i am wrong but i think the lack of news regarding Stephen is a bad sign. When it comes to injuries, teams usually rush to report good news.

I wouldn't take it as anything more than the team being cautious. I'm actually impressed that we have received as much info on the injuries as we already have, to be honest. Unlike the pros, where they have to show the disabled list, college teams are usually quiet about that...

Reaction Score

Yep. This is one of the reasons why you need things open to the media, because they ask at least once or twice a week concerning injuries usually. It's nice to get updates on that.

Reaction Score
Yep. This is one of the reasons why you need things open to the media, because they ask at least once or twice a week concerning injuries usually. It's nice to get updates on that.

okay, let's assume they ask and the answer is "he's recovering well or he's making good progress" - what the heck does that tell ya? More so w/ skill positions but you also keep your opponents guessing who to prepare for.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm just worried because this is solwly sounding like Jesse Joseph last year. He's getting better....getting better...(season starts)....getting better...finally returns half way in, takes a couple of games to get back into shape. That was a pretty big blow to us last season.

C

Chief00

Coach P - McEntee had a "tremendous" preseason camp.

Why does the above quote scare me?

Reaction Score

Before the camp was over, he named Whitmer the starter. I don't know why that quote would scare anyone. Unless we have another 3 QB rotation, but he's already implied that's not going to happen this year.

Reaction Score
I'm just worried because this is solwly sounding like Jesse Joseph last year. He's getting better....getting better...(season starts)....getting better...finally returns half way in, takes a couple of games to get back into shape. That was a pretty big blow to us last season.

Losing Stephen for any length of time would be terrible for the defense. He commands double teams and keeps blockers off the linebackers. I hope he gets better in a hurry.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

That quote is basically only said to create a perception of confidence of our depth at QB. Mac didn't lose the job, Whitmer won it. Things like that.

Reaction Score
Another eternal optimist here but I think the staff is just being overly cautious with Shamar. He had an air cast or light boot on but now a days players wear them with the slightest of injuries, hell Brady practically wears one in between each game. HCPP wasn't overly concerned when it first happened. I heard no reports of him getting carted off or anything either. And it doesn't make sense to rush him back for the UMASS game anyways. He still has 2 and half weeks to recover for NC State.

C

Chief00

Before the camp was over, he named Whitmer the starter. I don't know why that quote would scare anyone. Unless we have another 3 QB rotation, but he's already implied that's not going to hacus ppen this year.

Yes, last year's circus at QB is still fresh in my mind and the fact that Coach P continuously saw something in Johnny Mac that proved elusively to others. Coach P is a good man but just recently he again took the fall for Johnny's Vandy interception - at some point a QB needs accountability to be an on field leader IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom