Stephen A. Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To be fair, in that same timespan I (and probably most other people) picked:

the Heat in 2011 (lost to Mavs)
the Spurs in 2013(lost to Heat)
the Heat in 2014 (lost to Spurs)
and Golden State this year (lost to Cavs)

so I'm probably 2-4 in the last 6 years.

But then again no one pays me lots of money for my sports opinions

Reaction Score
Luckily for SAS he doesn't make a living off being correct, but rather garnering attention. I will never understand why people give it to him and his ilk, yet here we are. (yes I am aware no one forced me to open this thread)

Reaction Score
Well, in his defense about last year: Kyrie got hurt in Game 1, so his prediction was immediately off.

And if I'm being honest, I can't say I did well myself. I don't know who I thought would win in 2012-2015, but I had Miami in 2011, and Golden State last year and this. So that's 1-2 with those that I remember.

That said, this comment wins:

Notable predictions from Stephen A. Smith’s ancestors:

1776: “Are you serious? Are you serious? The English are too deep to be defeated. The Colonial Army doesn’t have the talent to match up. The Redcoats sweep.”

1941: “I love the United States of America. I am a patriot. You know this. But the Big Three of Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito cannot be contained. The Allies have no chance. Axis in 6.”

1980: “Now listen, Herb Brooks is a close personal friend of mine. I love the man like he’s my own brother. But the Russians are too big, too fast, and too good. These college kids from the U.S. have NO CHANCE!”​

Reaction Score
That said, this comment wins:

Notable predictions from Stephen A. Smith’s ancestors:
Pure gold. I noticed it to. What made it so good was his use of SAS's catch phrases. "You know this." Too much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What's amazing is Lebron has been to the finals 6 times in a row. That's crazy.
true, but it's not like the east is a challenge

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Luckily for SAS he doesn't make a living off being correct, but rather garnering attention. I will never understand why people give it to him and his ilk, yet here we are. (yes I am aware no one forced me to open this thread)
Stephen A Smith is there to make you, me and Skip Bayless look good in comparison. We are a collective brain trust of Einstein, Heisenberg and Newton when compared to Stephen A. He's there to make the listening and viewing audience feel good about the possibility of a HRC or DT presidency, at least it won't be that moron! (Apologies to morons who are offended being compared to Smith, I know, he's an imbecile.)

Reaction Score
Cavs had to face a better set of BPI-ranked opponents en route to the Finals than did GS
That's true this year. But it isn't saying much. The Dubs played two bummy teams and one team that I probably would have picked to beat the Cavs in the Finals. The Cavs played three mediocre teams.

And in the past, LeBron has had pretty easy runs these six years, with a declining Celtics and a young Pacers (who, to be clear, did become very good defensively). It's sort of like the 1980s West: nobody rationally knocks Magic and the Lakers for running roughshod over that conference, but the fact that they made it in and of itself is only mildly impressive. Winning the championship 5 times though...

Reaction Score
For as bad as his predictions are (which are typically a crap shoot for the best of us), his commentary is far, far worse.

Reaction Score
Stephen A Smith is there to make you, me and Skip Bayless look good in comparison. We are a collective brain trust of Einstein, Heisenberg and Newton when compared to Stephen A. He's there to make the listening and viewing audience feel good about the possibility of a HRC or DT presidency, at least it won't be that moron! (Apologies to morons who are offended being compared to Smith, I know, he's an imbecile.)

Bayless is just as obnoxious.

Like, for instance, before the 1999 National Championship game, he wrote an article about Elton Brand. And he stated: "All those thuggish Huskies will look like lilliputians against a sophomore from Peekskill, New york."

SAS doesn't make him look good in comparison.....

Of course, our Husky heroes had the last laugh.

Reaction Score
Skip and SAS are a couple of blowhards. Nothing more. I really get a laugh though when they try to talk boxing.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Just talking about them is the reason they exist. This threads existence doesn't help, it's discussion about how stupid they are that drives their ratings in this Twitter/internet reporting age. If people ignore them they will disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom