Stephen A. Smith | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stephen A. Smith

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
King James, the GOAT!

Not even close. Michael is the greatest player ever and came up on the biggest stage each and every time, unlike James.
Talent wise he is as talented as any player ever, but that doesn't make him the greatest

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t like sports radio or those sports opinion shows, so I don’t watch or listen.

But I don’t dislike him. His job is to make you listen to him and the way to do it is to hold outlandish opinions that piss you off. Reading this thread, he is very, very good at his job.

It’s a game. If you’re have a strong opinion about him, you’ve been played - I never used to listen to Mike and MadDog because they both had common sense opinions and always agree with each other. One guy aways had to have a loud, wrong opinion. That’s the script.

Reaction Score
He is a little loud for me in the morning and gives me a headache so I really don't watch. Most of these sports talk hot take guys are pretty similar. They are personalities meant to illicit a strong response either way and get ratings. Take it for what it is and enjoy if it's in your wheelhouse or don't take the bait and turn the channel. People arguing with each other over manufactured hypotheticals for 2 hours isn't that entertaining or relaxing to me but it is for some people so all the power to them. The remote control is a wonderful thing. Something out there for everyone.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I have no problem with him but can Lebron and the Lakers at least spray champagne on each other before the “Lebron vs MJ” talk starts please. Can they at least enjoy the Championship first.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Complete waste of a human being. Every breath he takes is one that could have been for someone that deserves it.
Wow. I don't care for his loud voice (most the audience is not hard of hearing) but should he just slit his wrists to reduce his carbon(dioxide) emissions ??

Reaction Score
Stephen a Smith is entertaining. Kellerman is the problem, he is awful. I miss skip bayless, he at least was funny/likeable with his outrageous takes. Kellerman only knows boxing, talks out of his ass on 9/10 topics in which he knows nothing about (and on top of that, acts snobby while doing so)

Reaction Score
He's just a character. All of those shows like his are just guys playing characters. I really miss the days of 90's - early 2000's SportsCenter. I understand the internet seemingly has eliminated the need for it, but I would watch it every day if it was on in that style again. Current SportsCenter is unbearable.

The only sports talk shows I enjoyed were SVP and Russillo, and Russillo and Kannel after that. Since those two shows are now dead, I only turn on ESPN to watch actual sporting events.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Stephen a Smith is entertaining. Kellerman is the problem, he is awful. I miss skip bayless, he at least was funny/likeable with his outrageous takes. Kellerman only knows boxing, talks out of his ass on 9/10 topics in which he knows nothing about (and on top of that, acts snobby while doing so)
Skip is the worst sports commenter on planet earth and its not close. Also his statement on Dak Prescott dealing with depression was so tone deaf it was almost unbelievable, even for him.

Reaction Score
I dont mind Stephan A. He seems like an ok dude. That said, ESPN is dead. Cable TV is dead. Sports commentary is lame. How many times does one need to ponder questions like, was the football deflated? Is Lebron better than Michael? By the way, he's not.

I like Stephen A. I fear ESPN is dead, Cable TV is certainly dead and, YES, sports hot takes are lame. It actually is boring now.

Reaction Score
I am NOT a Skip Bayless fan but you can catch his act with Shannon Sharpe on another channel.

Reaction Score
I used to hate Smith. Then I heard an interview with him and he admitted that he's just an entertainer. His job is to entertain, whether or not his sports takes are good or not. It was shortly after that when he went through one of his, "Stay off the weeeeed," rants about Josh Gordon and I laughed. From then on I just watched him and laughed and realized he was kind of entertaining. So that's how I take him now and he doesn't bother me.

Reaction Score
Wow. I don't care for his loud voice (most the audience is not hard of hearing) but should he just slit his wrists to reduce his carbon(dioxide) emissions ??

Complete waste of a human being. Every breath he takes is one that could have been for someone that deserves it.
Sounds like an argument made by a prosecutor in a murder case.

Are you saying he has more flatulence than brilliance?

If so, we are talking more about sulphur dioxide, not carbon dioxide.

I do find his persona and emotionalism entertaining.

Reaction Score
We'd be better off in this world if he shutup, IMO. I turn off everything he is on.

Reaction Score
I don’t like sports radio or those sports opinion shows, so I don’t watch or listen.

But I don’t dislike him. His job is to make you listen to him and the way to do it is to hold outlandish opinions that piss you off. Reading this thread, he is very, very good at his job.

It’s a game. If you’re have a strong opinion about him, you’ve been played - I never used to listen to Mike and MadDog because they both had common sense opinions and always agree with each other. One guy aways had to have a loud, wrong opinion. That’s the script.
I don't watch any of those guys but I do like Max Kellerman because he's a true boxing guy and seems like a good dude. I could never listen to Stephen A. because I can't deal with people who scream every time they speak. He proved he's a serious jackarse with the Steve Nash stuff and he kept doubling down. If he did that for ratings he sucks even more than I previously thought.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I don't trust Stephen A's takes because I often think he doesn't believe them himself. His show is more about drama than it is informative which is stupid.

Reaction Score
have managed not to hear his obnoxious voice in about 10 years and i intend to keep it that way

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom