Steph Castle declares | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steph Castle declares

Reaction Score
It's easy to look at this as a blah announcement because this was the plan before he got on campus and we knew it was coming. But there are tons of top recruits with the same expectations every year who don't meet them. He deserves this
Yeah, look at DJ Wagner, Mgbako, Elmarko Jackson, Riley Kugel, etc etc

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A class act who represented his time at UConn magnificently. I would not doubt Hurley needed to convince him to leave. Which says loads about the relationship the coaching staff has with players.

Best of luck Stephon in your NBA career. You are a Husky for life and hopefully someday you will be an alum watching UConn win another NC.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Well, whatever will we do now? Clingan, Castle, Newton, Spencer all gone? Maybe even Karaban? The sky is falling, I tell you!

Seriously, though, I expect Karaban will dip his toes in the water but ultimately end up back on the beach. Then there’s Johnson/Reed Jr., Diarra/Nowell, Ball, and Stewart as a starting point, add Ross and Roumoglou into the mix. Then add one or more of McNeely/Brea/Hausen and that’s strong stuff.

Amazing freshman year young man, go on to stardom in the NBA Stephon. You’ve earned it.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Best of luck to him. The way he bought into the culture from day 1, he doesn’t feel like a one and done.

IMG_7931.gif

Reaction Score
It’s rare for things in life to work out this well. During this years run I often thought of Steph’s parents and how amazing it must of felt watching this dream play out. He came in as a five star and played like a kid fighting for minutes. It was remarkable watching not just Steph but his parents as well trust the staff and embrace his role, even when sometimes the stats didn’t tell the story. This kid and family deserve it all! Can’t wait to cheer him on! Congrats Steph! Truly a special kid and talent.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Expected. Hoping he ends up somewhere where he can be the lead guard and really show everything he’s capable of.

He’s so so good with the ball in his hands and is a brilliant decision maker. In the right situation he’s going to shine on the next level.

Not sure if anyone sacrificed more than this kid did this year to big rewards.

Reaction Score
Should've come back one more year for #7. What a shame. Cousy played 4 years...
We need to go back to the days of freshmen being ineligible. Lew Alcindor had to wait and turned out fine, largely because he had a year to work on his game and become part of the campus community, by attending sock hops and things.

Reaction Score
With the way NCAA is trending, I'm assuming in 5 years or so those players with unused College eligibility will likely be able to return to College and play again once their NBA careers are over.
That’s the hope!

Reaction Score
Best of luck to a great kid and Uconn legend.
with all the good players that are leaving a three peat will be very hard. Heck, it is always difficult to win one let alone 2 and then go for three. Very interested if UCONN's system will work with a new set of players, needs to get buy in from a bunch of guys with talent and willing to mot let personal goals interfere with team goals.

Reaction Score
Thank you Stephon. Been a fan since 1963 and you may be my favorite player ever. We will miss you and Mama Castle as well. Huskies forever

Reaction Score
Congratulations Stephon.
UConn will be hanging lottery draft banner numbers 16&17 in a couple of months. The only question is will Castle be banner # 16 or 17.

Reaction Score
Hell of a 1-year in Storrs!

The best thing about Steph is that this year, I think we saw about 40% of his repertoire. Obviously the defense is the crown jewel, but he's got quite a bag.

Reaction Score
Loved watching his improvement throughout the year. The future is bright for Stephon and the Huskies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom