Steph Castle declares | The Boneyard

Steph Castle declares

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Steph's a jump shot away from superstardom

Reaction Score
Good like Stephon! I’m really excited for his NBA future. His defense and ability to get to the rim will immediately translate. If he can develop a good three point shot, this is an All Star caliber player.

Guys like Boo Buie and Terrence Shannon were star P5 scorers who are 4 years older than him. Made them look like kids. I think he can do that to NBA players too

Reaction Score
My favorite quote of the season that I would say to my friends ad nauseum and they would heavily roll their eyes every time... "Stephon Castle's athleticism reminds me of me"

Reaction Score
The last couple of years have made the "who's the best 1/2 year player in program history" debate much more challenging.

Castle became everything we needed him to be -- a more than adequate replacement for Andre Jackson, a willing defender, a willing complementary piece who nevertheless brought unique talents to our team.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
We all saw the tools from day one. Then he got healthy and he was really good.... and then he got healthy and fully learned the system and became incredible. Incredible future ahead but he'll always be a husky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_2207.jpeg

:D

Really, it's hard to imagine this happening to a better kid. He was focused, determined, coachable and a great teammate. Something to keep in mind, we've only seen the smallest cusp of his talent. Look forward to watching him grow in the NBA.

Reaction Score
We all knew is inevitable I guess. Good luck to Castle. Our guys all earned that right.

A big thank you.
I trust that Stephon enjoyed his 1 year ride with UConn nation as much as we enjoyed having him. He will forever be remembered in Husky lore.

Reaction Score
It was such a pleasure watching him this year. He was a defensive stopper and his offense improved all year. When he develops a more consistent shot (and he will) he is an all star level player.

Reaction Score
Steph did exactly what he said he'd do when we recruited him. Help go for another championship and be one and done. Was an awesome freshman, team player, showed great talent and lockdown D. Can't wait to see him rewarded in the draft and wish him the best in the NBA. Thanks Steph!

Reaction Score
OMG our team is falling apart, what are we going to do????!
RELOAD FOR A 3-PEAT BABY!

Thanks for the memories, Stephon. Best freshman to play in a Husky uniform...perhaps ever.

Reaction Score
I'm excited to see how a guy who came into a team environment to win at UConn goes in the draft and produces in the NBA instead of the selfish kind of freshman who demands guaranteed playing time and touches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom