Stef's condition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stef's condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've had PF, too ... in both feet. Ice & anti-inflammatories are your friends. The pain is terrible ... man, how I hated that first step out of bed in the morning. It was like stepping on needles :( Arch support, rest & losing weight were my keys to recovery.

Hang in there, Stef! We need you, kiddo !!
Been there too, and yes, getting out of bed was excrutiating, also sitting for extended periods and then standing up and walking. But, for me anyway, once I was up and walking the pain was manageable.

Poor Stef. One thing after another. She is such a warrior. I'll be grateful for whatever she can give us in the next game and beyond.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Uconn hasn't been able to catch much of a break this year, and generally speaking, you need to be both lucky and good to win a championship.

Whatever happens this season as far as the ultimate result, I hope the minutes, as many as Uconn has, serve these underclassmen well in the next couple of years.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
10 rebounds yesterday in 26 minutes on that bad wheel. A true warrior. She is a bear.
Yes, she has fought her ass off all year.

And if Uconn doesn't win it all this season, Geno will want a championship next year desperately...both for Bria and (possibly especially) for Stef. The same way Geno wanted a championship for Renee in 2009, I think he feels that way about Stef by now. I know I do.

Reaction Score
Is it a permanent issue or does it eventually heal with rest? I guess I'm just thinking about her future as a BB player.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Is it a permanent issue or does it eventually heal with rest? I guess I'm just thinking about her future as a BB player.

It eventually heals, but you have to stay off of it in order for that to happen

Reaction Score
Which player/injury are you talking about?

I was asking aobut Stef's plantar fascitis. I just don't know anything about it except what a few folks have said in this thread.

Reaction Score
I had pf and it took over a year for it to go away. But, I didn't have trainers who knew how to deal with it, and never went to a doctor for it. I invested in some really good arch supports, changed my shoes and did some ice treatments. It eventually went away. I'm sure Rosie and the rest of the medical and training staff will do whatever they can to treat her as best they can from here on out.

Reaction Score
It can be treated with steroids.... prednisone in particular. Plus you need to stay off it as much as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom