Stef's condition | The Boneyard

Stef's condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I just saw a tweet that says Stef has plantar fascitis, in addition to the stress fractures. I have had PF, and it is incredibly painful. The only way to cure it is to stay off your feet and you must have incredible arch support built into your shoes as well. I feel awful about this!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Arch supports certainly help. I have had prescription insoles ever since refereeing... But first, if I remember correctly, the inflammation must be reduced... I think icing helped a great deal in my case... Let's hope Stef can put up with it for the next three games and then rest...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Arch supports certainly help. I have had prescription insoles ever since refereeing... But first, if I remember correctly, the inflammation must be reduced... I think icing helped a great deal in my case... Let's hope Stef can put up with it for the next three games and then rest...
Icing and some anti-inflamatories.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Morgan Valley had that, and it was painful.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I just saw a tweet that says Stef has plantar fascitis, in addition to the stress fractures. I have had PF, and it is incredibly painful. The only way to cure it is to stay off your feet and you must have incredible arch support built into your shoes as well. I feel awful about this!

Who tweeted that she has PF?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Both are very painful. Lets hope that she can play through the pain and that Stokes' condition does not prevent her from seeing more action this year. For UCONN to get to the championship Dolson needs to be on the floor. She is having an AA caliber year and makes UCONN a much better team.

Reaction Score
Stef has said that playing yesterday was the most pain she's ever had in her life. :(

Reaction Score
Uconn can win vs. Kentucky with Stewart/Stokes/Heather at center. MJ plays starter minutes. If rest makes you better, have confidence in subs and sit her.

Reaction Score
I've had PF, too ... in both feet. Ice & anti-inflammatories are your friends. The pain is terrible ... man, how I hated that first step out of bed in the morning. It was like stepping on needles :( Arch support, rest & losing weight were my keys to recovery.

Hang in there, Stef! We need you, kiddo !!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I know I'm a broken record on this but at some point we're going to have to have Stokes doing what she is capable of doing, at least in the FF and possibly even tomorrow. Not for 40 mins but we are going to need her and she's going to have to deliver. Stef can't do it all at the moment and Stewie can't have it all on her shoulders in the middle for extended minutes going forward. She can take the middle when we go small but it's not something we can do too much.

Fingers are crossed....I know Kiah can be great. We've all seen it!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I know it's not ideal but a cortisone shot would help come game time

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, but isn't Kiah sick too...medical tests were discussed yesterday. This is a rough situation, folks.

Reaction Score
I don't know how true it is but I heard the MRI was taken either right before or right after the Valpo game and the results came back good, so I don't think this will be an issue at all going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom