STEF!!!! | The Boneyard

STEF!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I kept the box score window open for the longest time, looking at that triple double. Haven't had one of those sightings since before the Internet!

Reaction Score
I cannot remember the last time a post player/center had 11 assists. Walton, or Wilt ?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great game by Stef - and she went 10-11 from the field!
And I was hoping Kiah would get to join her in triple double territory with her blocks but she fell 4 short!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I cannot remember the last time a post player/center had 11 assists. Walton, or Wilt ?
Lamar Odom and Tim Ducan has done it... Barkley if you consider him a "post player".

but gooooo Big Mama

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I taped the game and watched it later. Got the score way wrong on my guess, but who cares? Stef was a monster. There were a bunch of plays that stood out as amazing, but as far as the stats line goes, 2nd triple-double in UCONN history. Congrats to Big Momma!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Great game by Stef - and she went 10-11 from the field!
And I was hoping Kiah would get to join her in triple double territory with her blocks but she fell 4 short!
Amazing she had that many blocks much of the game Oregon never went that close to the lane. They simply rain 3s.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stef. A triple double is so special, only the second one in UConn history, and by a center, that just puts the cherry on top. Nothing like doing the little things, AND the big things.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Congrats to Stef. A triple double is so special, only the second one in UConn history, and by a center, that just puts the cherry on top. Nothing like doing the little things, AND the big things.
By BIGMOMMA.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I like the way the ESPN story starts:

Diana Taurasi never had one; neither did Maya Moore, Rebecca Lobo or myriad other former UConn superstars.
Stefanie Dolson recorded just the second triple-double in Connecticut history Wednesday night with a career-high 26 points, 14 rebounds and 11 assists as the top-ranked Huskies ran away from Oregon 114-68.

As Harry Caray might say, Holy Cow!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
I had previously noted a lack of offense by Stef. And was thrilled to see her brilliant performance last night vs. Oregon. Nothing like the second triple double in UConn history!

Reaction Score
steftripledouble.jpg

Reaction Score

Finally, a dominating AA performance. Great confidence builder for both her and the team. Her WNBA lottery pick looking higher and higher.

Side Note: your Avatar is ducking awesome. Any chance you can send me the file?

Reaction Score
Losing Stef and Bria Hartley next year is going to be HUGE for UConn.
UConn won't be able to steam roll through the schedule next year as some
people here seem to think.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, that is something CD can no longer over Geno's head.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And if you want to get technical ("who, me?") this is the first triple double in a game coached by Geno

Huh? Geno coached Laura Lishness. Was he sick or suspended that game?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Suspended

UConn scheduled a game, which I believe was intended to be an exhibition, but it turned out not to be an exhibition, and counted as a regular season game. Which meant UConn had scheduled more than the allowable number of games. (They didn't play more than the allowable number, because Syracuse cancelled their game with us, presumably at our request). As punishment, Geno was suspended for the BET, where CD was the head coach. That when the triple double occurred, obviously done just to prove that CD was the better coach :p

Reaction Score
Lamar Odom and Tim Ducan has done it... Barkley if you consider him a "post player".

but gooooo Big Mama

Duncan has done it twice in 1,400 NBA games. I do not consider Odom, or Barkley posts. Double digit assists by a post are extremely rare .

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Duncan has done it twice in 1,400 NBA games. I do not consider Odom, or Barkley posts. Double digit assists by a post are extremely rare .

They also had 48 minutes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Suspended

UConn scheduled a game, which I believe was intended to be an exhibition, but it turned out not to be an exhibition, and counted as a regular season game. Which meant UConn had scheduled more than the allowable number of games. (They didn't play more than the allowable number, because Syracuse cancelled their game with us, presumably at our request). As punishment, Geno was suspended for the BET, where CD was the head coach. That when the triple double occurred, obviously done just to prove that CD was the better coach :p

Now that is some good trivia right there. I loved that squad. They really played team ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom