Stef, we hardly knew ye! | The Boneyard

Stef, we hardly knew ye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I just wanted to give Stef an additional shout-out for the TREMENDOUS amount of conditioning work she has clearly put in over the off season. Yes, she took a big step forward after the Stanford game freshman year, but to me it looks like she has taken a much bigger step this summer. Just an amazing transformation. Blake speaks truth (as if we didn't know that already)...!!! I would ask for ID if I didn't see her teammates standing with her in these new pics.

Here is a little look at Stef Dolson then and now:

THEN:

stef_before.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
NOW:
stefnow.jpg

And thanks to Alex for spotting these new pics on CD's twitter ....:)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Good for Stef. Even if she was "only" a good player she'd be a welcome addition to the team, but if you've ever seen any of the vids Doty has done of the team, Stef is a laugh-riot. She's such a natural ham on camera. She is a great teammate, and a role model for other players in looking at how hard she has worked on herself to be the best player for the team that she can be. I love everything about this kid. I hope her last 2 years at UCONN are spectacular for her!

Reaction Score
Stef does look great; can't wait for the season to start.

Reaction Score
Good for Stef. Even if she was "only" a good player she'd be a welcome addition to the team, but if you've ever seen any of the vids Doty has done of the team, Stef is a laugh-riot. She's such a natural ham on camera. She is a great teammate, and a role model for other players in looking at how hard she has worked on herself to be the best player for the team that she can be. I love everything about this kid. I hope her last 2 years at UCONN are spectacular for her!
ERIC - as always, very well said......perfect.

Reaction Score
Wow, that is a very impressive physical change. I bet she feels great being that lean and fit!

Reaction Score
OMG. Imagine her at the high post drawing the center out and then blowing by her to the hole or dishing of to an open Hukies when the opponents drop off to help on defense.

Reaction Score
Her transformation is reminiscent of Jane Appel's makeover going into her junior year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The pictures don't do her justice. I saw her at the football game and she looks like a different person. Can't wait to see how it helps her on the court.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is important that she simply did lose weight. Losing weight alone may in fact work against her by giving her less mass to bang with in the post. What she has needed and I expect has done is both better aerobic conditioning and add real muscle and strength.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It is important that she simply did lose weight. Losing weight alone may in fact work against her by giving her less mass to bang with in the post. What she has needed and I expect has done is both better aerobic conditioning and add real muscle and strength.

Really? I figured she just starved herself while sitting on the couch since the season ended.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Really? I figured she just starved herself while sitting on the couch since the season ended.
That is exactly one possibility. We have had kids before who struggled with eating disorders. It is nothing to joke about. I was hoping someone might add further detail about her apparent fitness, frame and muscle balance. I don't remember, blake, mentioning much.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That is exactly one possibility. We have had kids before who struggled with eating disorders. It is nothing to joke about. I was hoping someone might add further detail about her apparent fitness, frame and muscle balance. I don't remember, blake, mentioning much.

That is exactly NOT a possibility with Dolson, Padre.

Eating disorders are nothing to joke about. Are you saying I was?

She looked fit and toned. I just thought your statements were just a little obvious. Of course she lost it the right way. Why would there be any reason to think differently?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
So Naynay dumped her baby baggage. Nice!

Sonny - First, we are talking about Stef - NeNe was Renee.
Second - that was a really tacky remark about a great kid. You may have meant well, but oink,oink!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That is exactly NOT a possibility with Dolson, Padre.

Eating disorders are nothing to joke about. Are you saying I was?

She looked fit and toned. I just thought your statements were just a little obvious. Of course she lost it the right way. Why would there be any reason to think differently?
How do you know that it is not a possibility. This's all I wanted to know, "She looked fit and toned." When someone says they looked like a completely different person it is always a concern for me.
I was saying that your response was needless snarking when all I was doing was noting that not all weight loss is the same or good.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
How do you know that it is not a possibility. This's all I wanted to know, "She looked fit and toned."
I was saying that your response was needless snarking when all I was doing was noting that not all weight loss is the same or good.

Well, snarky, yes. Not so sure about needless.

Dolson appears to me so well adjusted as to be one of the last people to have an eating disorder and I thought it strange you would even bring it up.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty simple. Dolson was carrying too much weight and it took her a while to "get it". By "get it" I mean it took her a couple of seasons to realize that if she wanted to play at the highest level she was going to have to do something about her conditioning. Apparently she did.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty simple. Dolson was carrying too much weight and it took her a while to "get it". By "get it" I mean it took her a couple of seasons to realize that if she wanted to play at the highest level she was going to have to do something about her conditioning. Apparently she did.
We don't agree very often, but you hit this one out of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom