Starting Quarterback | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Reaction Score
he's a running back, that's just a day ending in "y"

If Evers throws 350 Rosa is getting his 75 plus.

He does it quite often. Wastes a lot of downs too.

Reaction Score
Not sure what happened with Rosa but after the overreaction of coaches and fans to a celebration penalty that never should have been called, he never seemed to get back into a groove.

But when you don’t have a passing game, teams can stuff the box.

Running and Passing go together more than people think - praying we stretch the the defenses we play - because last year we certainly did not.

I expect Rosa to have huge comeback this year.

It will help if he doesn’t run straight into his blockers, particularly when there is open space on either or both sides.

When he actually breaks loose it’s nice but he seems to suffer from tunnel vision.

Reaction Score
It will help if he doesn’t run straight into his blockers, particularly when there is open space on either or both sides.

When he actually breaks loose it’s nice but he seems to suffer from tunnel vision.
I hope just the sophomore jinx - he didn’t do that freshman year that I can recall but I know what you mean last year.

He is dynamic player that has potential to be superstar.

Reaction Score
Anyone else very surprised to see Roberson land at Kansas State? I get he's going to be a backup there, but that is an impressive landing spot for a guy who the coaches seemed to have 3rd on depth chart this spring and many fans wrote off. Hopefully Evers is an upgrade but he's been in similar spots as Roberson as just backup at P5 schools. At least Roberson had real game snaps.

Reaction Score
Anyone else very surprised to see Roberson land at Kansas State? I get he's going to be a backup there, but that is an impressive landing spot for a guy who the coaches seemed to have 3rd on depth chart this spring and many fans wrote off. Hopefully Evers is an upgrade but he's been in similar spots as Roberson as just backup at P5 schools. At least Roberson had real game snaps.

Mabey Fagnano gets picked up by Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
The last couple years we have been doing things to protect the QB's. Such as adding a 6th lineman of holding TE's and RB's in to max protect. If we could ever get the line to protect with 5 or 6, it would put more receivers out on routes and give the QB's more options.

Reaction Score
KSU needed a veteran backup and there are not many QBs who have started for a season available in the portal who would accept a backup role so it's a good match between KSU and Roberson. Roberson was down the depth chart at UConn after the Spring and I don't think the coaches wanted him to leave, but it looks like he made the decision to leave.

When you look at UConn's QB depth, we have an experienced QB in Fagnano (experience at Maine) and then 3 QBs with virtually no college QB experience. So, it's kind of hard to project how well UConn's QBs will do this year.

Reaction Score
I’m probably just kidding myself again, but I feel like Sammis is going to be a difference maker for this program. He’s got a vibe about him that I like. I’m dying to see what he does with the offense.
I’m excited too. All the portal moves feel good, he’s an OL Coach, and this is a career maker for him(or breaker). A lot riding on this season. 7 wins!

Reaction Score
And it wasn't good enough.
Yet he landed at an upper tier B12 school. Kstate is a better program than the majority of ACC and Big 12.

Not saying he was that good and I like were trying something different, but I'm just saying it surprised me and hoping we made a good decision here.

Reaction Score
Yet he landed at an upper tier B12 school. Kstate is a better program than the majority of ACC and Big 12.

Not saying he was that good and I like were trying something different, but I'm just saying it surprised me and hoping we made a good decision here.
It's not that surprising when you look at the KState roster...their depth chart was So, RS-So, Fr...so they bring in an upper classman with game experience that can at the very least help the younger QBs in the classroom.

Reaction Score
It's not that surprising when you look at the KState roster...their depth chart was So, RS-So, Fr...so they bring in an upper classman with game experience that can at the very least help the younger QBs in the classroom.
Plus Kleiman loves to scheme stuff with his QBs. I bet he likes the idea of Roberson's mobility viz. option designs.

Reaction Score

This move was Taquan's choice. He had fallen behind on the depth chart apparently despite starting last year. Given the opportunity last year he just didn't do enough to entrench himself as the no question starter going into this year.

Reaction Score
I’m curious if Evers has been told he’s the starter. His camp seems to think he’s the man. I find it hard to believe with his history. I think Fagnano may outplay him and I have hopes that McDonald gives both of them a run for their money.

Reaction Score

Not to mention that with better protection he could thrive.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I go to the games, he had a fair shot. I had no problem with him moving on, his destination doesn't retroactively improve his performance last year. Or apparently what he just showed in camp.

Reaction Score
I’ll take anybody that is pocket aware, can read quickly and throw with accuracy. When you have A grade receivers they can clean up a lot of mistakes, when you don’t you need a guy that can throw a dime to the right guy at the right time.

Reaction Score
Team Evers!!! Fagnano is a subpar Charlton holdover and shouldn't see light of day in this new offense.

Once TR began starting he was sup par for a few games, then improved a bit. Who knows what Fagnano would have looked like with a little experience? Guys have to play in games to see how good they are. TR had a couple of good games but hardly locked down the position. His worst characteristic was TOs at crunch time That's a big one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom