Stanford's Lili Thompson transfers to ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford's Lili Thompson transfers to ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Next chapter: Former Stanford star @Lili_Thompson postpones @WNBA, transfers to @ndwbb #NotreDame #FightingIrish

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Did NOT see that coming. Luck of the Irish.

Reaction Score
:eek::eek::eek:
Wat8.jpg

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Does she have to wait a year or is she a grad student?
Makes the slowish. ND backcourt a lot quicker...but who sits?

Ed: Answered above...

she has decided to reconcile her decision

Umm...not exactly English as I was taught...
Shouldn't complain..make the same sort of mistake myself... lots.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Health issues relating to concussions are not to be slighted. I know this is conjecture but clearly Ms. Thompson wants to play and she feels her condition is under control. Enough for her to play elsewhere. If the doctors say she can go, that's good enough for me. I can with all sincerity wish her only the best from here on in.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Nice pickup for ND after Allen graduates... contribution on day one.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Health issues relating to concussions are not to be slighted. I know this is conjecture but clearly Ms. Thompson wants to play and she feels her condition is under control. Enough for her to play elsewhere. If the doctors say she can go, that's good enough for me. I can with all sincerity wish her only the best from here on in.
My understanding is Ms. Thompson was not sitting out, her senior year at Stanford, due to any concussion related issues. She was able to play, if she wanted.

Reaction Score
ND loses graduate transfer Taya Reimer and gains graduate transfer Lli Thompson, the latter the better deal for Muffet's mob, clogging her already talent-rich bench. I would be worried except for a certain team from rural Connecticut.

Reaction Score
ND loses graduate transfer Taya Reimer and gains graduate transfer Lli Thompson, the latter the better deal for Muffet's mob, clogging her already talent-rich bench. I would be worried except for a certain team from rural Connecticut.

nice addition for ND, they have plenty of guards, but no proven pure point guard on the 17-18 team.

There is only one team playing for a championship in 17-18. Everyone else is playing for the final four.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Seems like Lili and her father took advantage(used) of Stanford. Remain on an athletic scholarship but not play, retaining another year of playing. Now go to Notre Dame on an athletic scholarship that she wouldn't have if she had full filled her requirement by playing for Stanford this year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wasn't there another player about 8 years ago who couldn't get cleared to play at Stanford because of concussions who transferred to TX where they would clear her? Can't remember her name.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Seems like Lili and her father took advantage(used) of Stanford. Remain on an athletic scholarship but not play, retaining another year of playing. Now go to Notre Dame on an athletic scholarship that she wouldn't have if she had full filled her requirement by playing for Stanford this year.
Good for the father I say. Taya Reimer did the same thing at ND was allowed to complete her degree while not playing to be immediately eligible at MSU.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Yep, yep, yep. :oops:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
WOW!! this raises a whole new level on transfers.

Well, smack me on the side of the head. :confused: Emerge from a project and find a nearly three-year starter from Texas who was in California coming to northern Indiana (to sign in the middle of winter, no less.). Wonder how long this was in play? When MM announced Vaughn and Patterson, she said that was the class up that point. Hmmm...

A lot of my fellow "McGraw Benchers" (including me) have been trying to figure what PG Muffet and Niele Ivey would be pursuing in the class of 2018 since Lindsay Allen is graduating and projected "next up" Ali Patberg has been plagued with injuries and illness. In fact, most thought we'd only have Ali next year. That obviously is not the situation now with Thompson and Patberg.

In fact, MM is so particular about her Point Guards (she was one, after all, as was Niele Ivey), I bet they're awfully particular about whom they go after in 2018 to join Patberg. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
I really think that's unfair to say, I mean unless you know the family personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom