Stanford vs UConn future? | The Boneyard

Stanford vs UConn future?

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember if Stanford is scheduled to play us in 2020 or 2021?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, no. I would love to see UConn play at Maples.
I saw them play at Haas(Cal) last year and hope Cal keeps that series going into the future. It would be great to have UConn come play at Haas and Maples on the same weekend every two years!

Reaction Score
I saw them play at Haas(Cal) last year and hope Cal keeps that series going into the future. It would be great to have UConn come play at Haas and Maples on the same weekend every two years!

I'll buy that when Tara commits to playing Baylor or the Irish, and UConn in one weekend (every 2 years). Unlikely though. Tara, like Mulky, dodges UConn most of the time. She ended the last series.

And frankly UConn doesn't get treated very well by officials at Maples. In fact I see a lot of home bias in msny PAC12 conference games.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Who played for the USA? Who coached them?
As I said in the Exhibitions thread, the USA team looked old, unsettled, and out of sync the entire game. DT looked like she was leading the old list missing shot after open shot, and barely keeping up with her mark on defense. Skylar, Pheese, Aja and the other younguns didn't look so bad, but the team couldn't beat anyone off the dribble, was off with their entry passes, shot poorly and could barely keep pace in transition. It seems it's going to take a bit for those older legs to loosen up and get some sort of flow.

Reaction Score
UConn Plays At Haas Next Season

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
UConn Plays At Haas Next Season
That will probably be the end of that series as Geno was friends with Gottlieb and she moved on (before being moved out). I wonder if Geno would put Brenda back on the schedule- it would be great for both programs given the current talent and the recruits expected over the next few years.
I would like to see Oregon add as Geno and Kelly seem to have a good relationship.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

If UConn wants to play Stanford every other year out west, there are several other Div 1 schools in a reasonable proximity to Stanford they can play to make it a two game trip like they did in 2014. It's too far to go cross country to the west coast for 1 game.

They can also schedule Cal (Berkeley), San Jose St (San Jose), UC Davis (Davis), Sacramento St. (Sacramento), Univ of San Francisco (San Francisco), Univ of the Pacific (Stockton), Fresno St (Fresno), Santa Clara (Santa Clara). I'm sure any of those schools would love to host UConn. A nationally televised game, and a sold out arena. Free advertising for their program. Great for recruiting purposes too.

There are a number of Div 1 schools located in Southern California they could also play.

Reaction Score
I'll buy that when Tara commits to playing Baylor or the Irish, and UConn in one weekend (every 2 years). Unlikely though. Tara, like Mulky, dodges UConn most of the time. She ended the last series.

And frankly UConn doesn't get treated very well by officials at Maples. In fact I see a lot of home bias in msny PAC12 conference games.
Quite a difference in playing Cal and Stanford in the same weekend than playing Uconn or Baylor or ND. If you played Stanford and Cal you could stay at the same hotel as opposed to traveling or taking a plane to a different state and city. The closest of the two to Uconn is ND and that is 800+ miles away.

Reaction Score
Quite a difference in playing Cal and Stanford in the same weekend than playing Uconn or Baylor or ND. If you played Stanford and Cal you could stay at the same hotel as opposed to traveling or taking a plane to a different state and city. The closest of the two to Uconn is ND and that is 800+ miles away.

More a case of back to back road games in 2-3 days and 3000 miles away.

That and a dislike for the way games are called at Maples. Just my E coast bias I guess. :)

Reaction Score
That will probably be the end of that series as Geno was friends with Gottlieb and she moved on (before being moved out). I wonder if Geno would put Brenda back on the schedule- it would be great for both programs given the current talent and the recruits expected over the next few years.
I would like to see Oregon add as Geno and Kelly seem to have a good relationship.

Yeah Maryland is an upcoming series in a few years. Home and Home from my recollection.

Reaction Score
If UConn wants to play Stanford every other year out west, there are several other Div 1 schools in a reasonable proximity to Stanford they can play to make it a two game trip like they did in 2014. It's too far to go cross country to the west coast for 1 game.

They can also schedule Cal (Berkeley), San Jose St (San Jose), UC Davis (Davis), Sacramento St. (Sacramento), Univ of San Francisco (San Francisco), Univ of the Pacific (Stockton), Fresno St (Fresno), Santa Clara (Santa Clara). I'm sure any of those schools would love to host UConn. A nationally televised game, and a sold out arena. Free advertising for their program. Great for recruiting purposes too.

There are a number of Div 1 schools located in Southern California they could also play.

I think it was Tara who "begged off" several years ago, or that was the quote as I recall it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think it was Tara who "begged off" several years ago, or that was the quote as I recall it.

I don't blame her. She can get along just fine without having UConn on her schedule. Too bad for us fans out here on the west coast. Going to UC Davis for the first game and Maples Pavilion for the second game was an experience for me in 2014. Even though we lost to Stanford, I enjoyed being there and watching our girls in person. I enjoyed their visit to UCLA in 2017 even more. I had great seats and we won that one.

Those of you that live in Connecticut go to a game anytime you want. No big deal. Those of us on the other side of the country can't do that. So we have to take advantage of the coming out here to the west coast whenever they do. It's a lot different seeing them in person than on TV. I'd be a season ticket holder if I lived in the area.
I'd be easy to spot. I'd be the guy with the BIG grin of his face. I wouldn't miss a game. ;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom