Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs So Carolina (merged thread)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I think So Carolina could have caused Stanford more problems if they went to full court pressure earlier in the game. IMO Ball Handling Guards is Stanford's weakness. What I don't understand about Stanford's game plan, the just about never looked for their patented 3 point shot. They attempted 8 Tonight, making 5 while the 4 earlier tournament games they averaged 26 attempts per game. So Carolina had extended their defense, but IMO Stanford really wasn't looking for a three point shot. Stanford missed so many baskets in the paint they were fortunate to win the Game. Who knows if the Kick Ball is Called Stanford loses. However, with said So Carolina had their chances when they got the TO with 6 seconds left.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It could have ended with either team winning....Stanford did not do a good job of keeping the ball away from S.C. with seconds left.
It came down to the last shot. I thought Stanford would win by double digits. Even though Stanford won, I’m much more impressed with South Carolina. I didn’t think they could hang with the Cardinal. If Boston is able to put that rebound back, they’re crying 96 tears in the other dressing room. ?

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think it has to be intentionally kicked. That looked like it rolled and hit her foot.
She intentionally moved the ball with her foot, that's a kick

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I think it's just Stanford's year tbh. All the crap they had to go through with Covid and being kicked out of their own gym, and Tara becoming the winningest coach.
Then imagine if you had a couple of early games postponed or canceled creating a substantial dead time, lost a starter to an injury for almost half the season, lost her replacement for the NCAA tournament, and had your coach in Covid protocol for the first 10-12 days of the tournament?. Wow.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it's just Stanford's year tbh. All the crap they had to go through with Covid and being kicked out of their own gym, and Tara becoming the winningest coach.
Leave Me Alone No GIF by Film Riot

Reaction Score
Any thought about the kick ball the refs gave to Stanford?
Yeah..another horrible missed call by the refs. Crucial 4-point swing most likely. Refs were horrible all game. Fouls are now called jump balls. Kept their whistle in their pocket except for Boston it seems.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I thought this was the worst reffed game in the tourney

The problem is: the powers that be probably said cut down on the brutalizing

So it was ticky-tacky city and then letting real obvious: holds and wacks uncalled
Who knows what happens next...I'm sure Geno is telling his team to be aware
(try to get a sense) of how the game is being called.

Then there was the coaching, Play of the Year.
Dawn screams and yells at her team...just as one of her kids steps up to the
line to shoot foul shots:
Of course, the kid missed both.

People speak of SC's missed layup and put-back at the end.
How many layups and close in shots did Stanford miss...
They should have won by 20.

Reaction Score
Fundamentals. Last player driving for sc at end of game on left side had no left hand so instead had to twist her body around to shoot it with her right hand. That being said Boston needs to make a 3 footer to win the game

she had no time to setup in a high pressure situation, I give her credit for the rebound and the quick put back.

Reaction Score
Refs were horrible..Seemed very 1-sided to Stanford in the 2nd half. Missed kick ball was huge - 4 point turnaround. I guess fouls going up for shots are now called jump balls. This benefits Stanford because of their length & depth. I dont like UConn's chances (if the beat Ariz) if the games are called this way.
That must have made it 1-sided to South Carolina in the first half then. Personal fouls 15 per team and 8-12 at the free throw line compared to 11-12 for Stanford. It looked one sided because Stanford made their free throws.

Reaction Score
Refs were horrible..Seemed very 1-sided to Stanford in the 2nd half. Missed kick ball was huge - 4 point turnaround. I guess fouls going up for shots are now called jump balls. This benefits Stanford because of their length & depth. I dont like UConn's chances (if the beat Ariz) if the games are called this way.
Agree, the refrees let Stanford push, pull, climb on SC backs underneath the basket. Another terrible refereed game. And Ruocco said Stanford wants a clean finesse game. Don't think so the way Tara's team played and obvious fouls not called againat them.

Reaction Score
I thought this was the worst reffed game in the tourney

The problem is: the powers that be probably said cut down on the brutalizing

So it was ticky-tacky city and then letting real obvious: holds and wacks uncalled
Who knows what happens next...I'm sure Geno is telling his team to be aware
(try to get a sense) of how the game is being called.

Then there was the coaching Play of the Year
I don't think Dawn will be quiet for this game result.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stanford's advantage is going to be depth. Our top players are better than theirs, but their 4 through 10 are better than ours. We've got our starting five (assuming Nika can't play) plus Aubrey and that's basically all Geno will play.

Reaction Score
Good game for both teams and Stanford was playing physical and escaped from few calls.

Reaction Score
Stanford's advantage is going to be depth. Our top players are better than theirs, but their 4 through 10 are better than ours. We've got our starting five (assuming Nika can't play) plus Aubrey and that's basically all Geno will play.
Nika is back tonight!

Reaction Score
So, it's Tara (I've got 10 Nykesha Sales) & Stanford. Actually, I've forgiven Tara and I kind of like her. If we're fortunate enough to get there it's GAME ON.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
They are saving Dee Kanter for the final game. Expect a lot of fouls to be called.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom