Stanford vs Louisville - 3/23/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford vs Louisville - 3/23/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Of the 3 Pac 12 teams in action today, I thought Stanford had the best chance of pulling off an upset. So...what do I know?

Reaction Score
There are a couple things I'm taking from this game:
1) I can do without hearing Jeff Waltz scream every 5 Seconds
2) apparently Louisville can hack and mug players almost like Baylor and not get called for it
3) Durr is a special player

Last edited:

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
End of 3Q looks like Louisville got this. They will play OSU, right? How do they compare?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
End of 3Q looks like Louisville got this. They will play OSU, right? How do they compare?

OSU is a much better 3 point shooting team than Stanford. I'd say Gulich is a better post player than anyone Stanford has, but Stanford has better depth in the post. OSU doesn't have dynamic scorers like McPhee, Williams and Carrington that can attack off the dribble. Both play stingy defense, good scouting reports, more about good positioning than overwhelming athleticism and forcing a bunch of TOs.

Reaction Score

As good as Louisville looks agaisnt Stanford I'm not convinced they have a matchup for Gulich

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
As good as Louisville looks agaisnt Stanford I'm not convinced they have a matchup for Gulich

If Fuhring can get back half the points Gülich scores, the table tilts the other way, methinks. But yeah, you may be right.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It looks like Tara is going to lose tonight, so if UConn can get their 12th National Championship and Geno will trail Tara's win total by only 7 games starting next season.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Well, one of my takeaways from tonight is that nothing happened to sway my opinion on who is an All American between McPhee and McCowan, no matter what USA Today says.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Baylor's weak schedule, loss of an experienced guard, short bench (starters ran out of steam a little bit), and lack of 3 pt shooting made them vulnerable to OSU. But can the same be said for Louisville? The Baylor situation resembled the Notre Dame game, and Louisville blew them away.

Edit: but Notre Dame had a much stronger schedule.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Baylor's weak schedule, loss of an experienced guard, short bench (starters ran out of steam a little bit), and lack of 3 pt shooting made them vulnerable to OSU. But can the same be said for Louisville? The Baylor situation resembled the Notre Dame game, and Louisville blew them away.

Edit: but Notre Dame had a much stronger schedule.
Louisville will be a much tougher matchup for OSU than either Baylor or Tennessee. Louisville can actually run an offense, and, I was impressed with their defense tonight. Louisville also has solid mid-range to outside shooters. This will be coach Rueck's toughest game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom