No movement.
One on one.

Reaction Score
Aliyah Boston sends it to OT! Hit a floater with 2.1 seconds to tie it up

Reaction Score
How do you get to the chat room?

At the top of the page, just underneath the
biff_yard.jpg
logo, you'll see "Chat". Select it, then select "UConn's Women's Basketball".....

Reaction Score
Stanford played well for 3 quarters, but that 4th one did them in :oops:

Kudos to Boston for hitting the game tying shot in reg. She has a history of missing those (UConn reg season game in 20-21 season and the famous miss vs Stanford in the finals four later that year).

Staley could’ve been T’d up a few times in the game, but the zebra’s showed some restraint.

I loved the BG sweatshirts Tara and Dawn were rocking
Family Love GIF by J.B. Kinard

Lepolo is a great pg find for Tara. 6 games in and she’s only going to get better.

Brink was outstanding, except for when she was on the bench. She can be a bit of a foul machine, although that last one looked very iffy to me :rolleyes:

SC is not a good three point shooting team, but the two Brea’s came up huge from deep.

These are the two best teams in the country. UConn is right behind them.

Reaction Score
Kind of curious what Tara's complaint was about the technical at the end. She seemed to be saying something.

Reaction Score
Late third quarter, Tara scolded her squad and told them to attack the basket. Haley Jones heeded the directive, drove to hoop and went 0 for 6 forcing up shots low in the paint defended by tall post players. When guards drive in among the trees, they better have a plan...

Reaction Score
Kind of curious what Tara's complaint was about the technical at the end. She seemed to be saying something.
A Stanford player called a time out, but Stanford didn’t have any time outs left to call. So a technical call and two shots for South Carolina. Young player mistake or someone forgot to remind the players in the last huddle.

Reaction Score
A Stanford player called a time out, but Stanford didn’t have any time outs left to call. So a technical call and two shots for South Carolina. Young player mistake or someone forgot to remind the players in the last huddle.

It looked like Tara was arguing with official but might have been directed elsewhere.

The tech I anticipated immediately, mainly because I knew that only had the five seconds to get down the floor.

Reaction Score
Stanford's 0-10 shooting run mid 4th Quarter doomed them and put SC in a position to catch up and send it into overtime. Kudos to SC for taking advantage.

Reaction Score
I would add some statistical factors related to fresh legs.

Our bench outscored Stanford's bench 34-9. We played 12 players. Stanford played 11. We had three bench players who had double digit minutes. Stanford had only one. Our starters played 133 minutes. Stanford's starters played 172 minutes. Our starters were much fresher at the end of the fourth quarter and overtime. (I was surprised at Betts' limited minutes, but our freshman big, Ashlyn Watkins, only got 4 minutes as well.)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Betts scored a couple buckets in her limited time on the floor. I can only guess Tara was concerned with her defensively in this game.

Reaction Score
Not very good game management the last couple minutes of regulation. The timeout call at the end of OT was just unbelievable, haven't seen or heard of this since I was in grade school 50 years ago

Reaction Score
Was surprised not to see her again.

Especially as a substitute later in the game to secure a rebound. Amihere’s offensive rebound after two missed FTs from Saxton decided the game, in my opinion.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Amihere’s offensive rebound after two missed FTs from Saxton decided the game, in my opinion.
I would say Jones missing a FT late in regulation decided the game. SC still could've tied with a 3, but that seems less likely than what they got that forced it to OT. Or you could say Brink fouling out midway thru OT decided the game. Stanford was in control when she had to go sit down.

Reaction Score
I would say Jones missing a FT late in regulation decided the game. SC still could've tied with a 3, but that seems less likely than what they got that forced it to OT. Or you could say Brink fouling out midway thru OT decided the game. Stanford was in control when she had to go sit down.

South Carolina was down 1 point with the ball when Brink fouled out.

That's a pretty fanciful notion you have there.

Reaction Score
UConn fan dropping in for 2 short & sweet comments…

1. South Carolin has some things to work on but this is November so when (if?) they get their act together they’re clearly the #1 team out there.
2. Stanford continues to lack mental toughness, which is not something that you can just “work out” so their talent will continue to hide their fatal flaw unless (until?) they find some inner strength.

Can‘t wait for Feb to see if/how we measure up against SC!

Reaction Score
UConn fan dropping in for 2 short & sweet comments…

1. South Carolin has some things to work on but this is November so when (if?) they get their act together they’re clearly the #1 team out there.
2. Stanford continues to lack mental toughness, which is not something that you can just “work out” so their talent will continue to hide their fatal flaw unless (until?) they find some inner strength.

Can‘t wait for Feb to see if/how we measure up against SC!
It'll be a good game. I think this year is turning into what our fanbases were expecting in the preseason of last year. It is looking like South Carolina, Stanford, and UConn are a step ahead of the rest, though I question how UConn will look on the interior against teams with a strong post presence. I believe you will be missing ONO just as strongly as South Carolina will be missing Henney in Feb. Only time will tell!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom