Stanford Postgame Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Stanford Postgame Thread

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
We go as far as Liv and AE take us. Especially with South Carolina. Unless one of guards explodes from the outside.

According to Tara in her interview UConn had nothing to do with Stanford not playing well tonight.

In the postgame interview Tara made a very specific statement about Liv, and how physical her play was. This in response to a question about Stanford's difficulties with inside shooting and rebounding.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stanford is the epitome of a quality and classy program top to bottom, kudos to them on a great season. You know youre a great team when even many of the UConn faithful pick you over the Huskies. Much respect. P.S. I will never forgive Stanford for snagging Jones, but she embodies their program and their school.
Well, take down those who bypassed UConn. Haley and then Boston on Sunday

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
She just had her heart broken. Hard to keep it together under the circumstances.
The players seemed to have no such problem, even the seniors. Tara, on the other hand, will likely be back.

Reaction Score
In the postgame interview Tara made a very specific statement about Liv, and how physical her play was. This in response to a question about Stanford's difficulties with inside shooting and rebounding.
LOL...Nobody has ever accused Live of being physical. She can't muscle her way to the basket like Brink did. AE can be a bulldozer, but she was rather tame tonight.

Reaction Score
It's 12:55 right now. After the game Sunday night I was up until 2:30 a.m. I'm figuring I may be asleep by 2:00 tonight if I'm lucky. This is just so hard to decompress from. I think back to the Oregon and Georgia Tech and Villanova games and how tonight now seems so surrealistic.

All of those mistakes tonight were so exasperating. All of those bad or non-calls, none of that mattered in the end. They were just making soup out there tonight. After the vegetables are cooked, they all look perfect. Who cares what they looked like before. After the mistakes were made, the crazy thing was that the same player would come back and do something great. Paige makes two turnovers and comes back with a huge steal. Azzi turns the ball over twice and then makes 4 free throws in a row. Aaliyah does that out of bounds thing and makes a huge lay up and two free throws. Everyone stepped up one way or another at different points in the game including Evina with those 3 big first half 3s.

Looking back, this was only once a fantasy but now it is a reality. What an amazing season, what a great journey, what a great year to be a UCONN women's basketball fan.

Reaction Score
CW was thinking of running out clock and saw the corner as farthest away to kill clock. Evina was thinking pass to the basket to get an easy hoop. One zigged, the other zagged. Ball went out of bounds.
Good call! Geno said that was just a miscommunication. But there was no excuse for that out of bounds turnover. It was a one in a thousand mistake just inbounding the ball.

Reaction Score
I am just arriving home from work, and I’m exhausted after a very long day. However, seeing the score of this game, I’ve gained enough energy to work another 24 hours.
I am so proud of this team’s members and coaches who have shown so much resilience. Because after all the struggles and disappointments experienced during the regular season, as well as Dorka’s injury, here they are, standing at the door of the national championship. They deserve everything that comes their way.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I thought Tara's coldness was strange too. She made a b-line for the locker room. Players were still out congratulating our team, but she zoomed out. Really odd behavior from a really classy coach...
Tara has had a thing with geno ever since KLS signed here. She stopped the UConn-Stanford series and has never renewed it. That’s on her. For the good of basketball especially since they both are good she should stop ducking UConn and renew the series that the fans would love to see again.

Reaction Score
Just for fun, I went over to Lady Vol Nation. Haters gonna hate indeed. They keep referring to AE as “that LSU girl (?)”. Must really suck to have to root for SC in the final.
So who does the Lady Vol Nation think Tamari Key with her red braids plays for? Louisville Cardinals or Stanford Cardinal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom