Stanford Postgame Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Stanford Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Stanford didn't have a good game (a lot of that, thanks to us), but they are a class act. I listened to Diana and Sue on ESPN. That helped calm nerves a lot!!! They were funny and I think they were really as nervous as I was. It was almost like they didn't want to watch too closely!

Reaction Score
Respect. Stanford is Good.

Stanford is the epitome of a quality and classy program top to bottom, kudos to them on a great season. You know youre a great team when even many of the UConn faithful pick you over the Huskies. Much respect. P.S. I will never forgive Stanford for snagging Jones, but she embodies their program and their school.

Reaction Score
Geno lost to Georgia Tech who was a non ranked team, Geno lost first Conference game in who knows how many years, Geno took an embarrassing loss to Oregon, Geno lost his best player which started a domino effect of injured players; yet somehow he finds his team in the Finals after beating #2 ranked NC St. and #3 ranked Stanford back to back.
I'm still puzzled how Geno isn't the Coach of the year.

Reaction Score
Geno lost to Georgia Tech who was a non ranked team, Geno lost first Conference game in who knows how many years, Geno took an embarrassing loss to Oregon, Geno lost his best player which started a domino effect of injured players; yet somehow he finds his team in the Finals after beating #2 ranked NC St. and #3 ranked Stanford back to back.
I'm still puzzled how Geno isn't the Coach of the year.
Because they vote on that stuff before the post-season

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Surprised about the cold, no-look postgame handshake between Geno and Tara, after 35-plus years of being at the top of NCAA WBB coaching. Any thoughts?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Everyone carried (and messed up) a chunk of the game with Paige holding it together. That's a total team effort. The D speaks for itself. Jones went 8-21, 0-5 from 3. Imagine what she would have shot if UConn had an answer for her. The layups will fall on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I can't stop laughing at Nika when she outrebounds those tall Cardinal trees. The undersized Muhl was not going to be denied when she went to the boards. She just cannot be intimidated!
The Stanford bigs were wondering, "How the hell did she get that rebound??"

Reaction Score
I thought Tara's coldness was strange too. She made a b-line for the locker room. Players were still out congratulating our team, but she zoomed out. Really odd behavior from a really classy coach...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom