Stanford goes down! | The Boneyard

Stanford goes down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Cuse is another shining example of this.
They might need all 19 of those players next year! Stamford that is.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good.

Can't wait to read the excuses :rolleyes:

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I don't know if we should be the ones making comments about a weak anymore...:(
Last time I looked we are still playing in the present, not the future! I am talking about this season. No one knows what our future schedule will look like. Please wait till we have more info on next season. This one is not over for us yet but it certainly is for the Trees!!!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised, actually....we all knew they were the weakest no. 1 seed. And it was really close...so nothing to be ashamed about....

Reaction Score
Last time I looked we are still playing in the present, not the future! I am talking about this season. No one knows what our future schedule will look like. Please wait till we have more info on next season. This one is not over for us yet but it certainly is for the Trees!!!

I was just sadly (i.e. - the sad face) pointing out that we'll likely be in a weak conference too next year. I never implied our whole schedule would be weak because of course as you pointed out, I don't know the whole schedule. I meant it more as disappointment in our situation, not an attack on what you said.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised, actually....we all knew they were the weakest no. 1 seed. And it was really close...so nothing to be ashamed about....

Neither am I , just thought it would be Penn State that beat them instead of GA

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stanford has had a great run of five final fours (same as us) so nothing wrong with a stumble this year. And their OOC schedule isn't that bad, especially compared to some of the other top teams. And the Pac is not quite the cake walk it used to be. Interestingly, they now suffer from the reverse fortune that UCLA used to enjoy - there just aren't that many teams from the Rockies west that are that good. You can only schedule so many cross-country trips. For UCLA that was a huge advantage before the tournament changed format - they had a cake walk to the FF every year because they only had to play western teams to get there.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The pink flamingoes will be proudly on display tonight !!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Shows what happens when you don't play in a tough conference and play a mediocre OOC schedule!
They lost one conference game to Cal, who's doing really well this year. And their OOC schedule included us, Baylor, and Tennessee. I was surprised how lopsided the game was when we played them, but Baylor and Tennessee aren't exactly walks in the park.

Reaction Score
Yet Georgia who by all accounts is a complete under achiever beat them on a neutral (ha ha) court. Things that make ya go HUUUUMMM!

Reaction Score
Is it just me... or does it seem that when Cheney gets into trouble... when she has the ball with only a few seconds left on the clock she tries to pass the ball, instead of trying to score.

It is almost like: "Crap there is 5 seconds left, let me pass the ball just in case nothing good happens and then I will not be the one who has the ball in my hands and therefore cannot be blamed".......

Reaction Score
No shock here. They were not in the league of the other number 1’s. they are just not that good.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A surprising loss, Stanford should beat Georgia. Stanford's weakness most of the year is outside shooters and not having enough scorers. Tonight only Amber Orrange and Chiney scored in double digits. They also got little help from their bench.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Stanford Post Game interview, Box Score & Recap. LInk

Reaction Score
Couple of things stuck out to me looking at the box score. I didn't see the game, but can't see how any of these things would look any better if I had.

Amber Orrange 7-24. That's a lot of shots, would assume not Stanford's plan.
Stanford shot only 6 foul shots. Didn't see the game to judge the refs, but that's an awful number.
Stanford bench 1-2 for 2 points, the only other stat recorded is 1 assist, both from Bonnie Samuelson. That may be the worst bench support I've seen in any game. They only logged a total of 20 minutes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chiney had great numbers, as usual. The other starters shot 7-24, 2-9, 2-9, and 1-7. As jdub notes, they would go as far as Chiney could carry them and it wasn't quite far enough. They were clearly the most vulnerable of the #1 seeds, but I'm still surprised at this loss.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I knew they were in trouble when Greenfield went to the bench with a sprain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom