St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Umm... numbers don't look right.. Was Spencer the high scorer today?
Cam had 23…second game in a row that I have notice the stats on top of the thread were way off. They don’t even add up to 77 points.

IMG_2776.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great workmanlike win over a team playing in their Super Bowl. This team just has so many ways to win. Castle is so damn good.

"This is going to sound absolutely berserk but I actually think arguing with the officials is a form of cheating." - Rick Pitino as he motherufcks the baseline referee.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'd really like to know that we can get a little more out of the bench when we need it ...
But with these starters, when will we need it?

Great performance against a team who designed their game to make life difficult, and yet a double digit win.

Spencer was on today, so was Castle. Newton less so, but still controlled the game.
Clingan still has to find a way to stay on the floor. Many of the fouls are mind boggling.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I'd really like to know that we can get a little more out of the bench when we need it ...

Great performance against a team who designed their game to make life difficult, and yet a double digit win.

Spencer was on today, so was Castle. Newton less so, but still controlled the game.
Clingan still has to find a way to stay on the floor. Many of the fouls are mind boggling.
We got enough today. Sometime, being a placeholder is enough.

Reaction Score

Look up Newtons numbers. He was quietly VERY good

Reaction Score
The real winner tonight is UConn's free throw shooting!

Reaction Score
  • Spencer and Castle were total DOGS today.
  • Castle got a horrible whistle in the first half. He went to the line a grand total of zero times the first half, which is wild with how much he was getting held and hit on drives.
  • This is like the worst possible matchup for Samson. Just not strong enough for Soriano. I think it’s pretty clear this will be a position that gets some attention in the portal ahead of next year.
  • Dominating the boards while missing Karaban and having Clingan plagued by foul trouble is a testament to the guards. Big hat tip to Newton there especially.
  • Diarra was just off today. He’s always been pretty mercurial, thankfully this year these days are few and far between.
  • Heck of a day at the stripe
  • I don’t think I’ve ever watched a broadcast team get the names of the players mixed up more than this crew today. I lost count after a while. Diarra/Castle and Luis/ledlum seemed to be the most common mix-ups. And neither pair really looks that similar.
I disagree on Diarra,two very important layups and respectable defense.

Reaction Score
Castle is developing into a great 4th option on offense. His game is really developing. I did notice too they had him running point in this game more than before especially in the first half. He is just money now and hitting his FTs too. Cam Spencer is our more clutch player. Holding Soriano to 6 pts was key. This team is so versatile. If we could ever get Clingan playing well we would be unstoppable. Clingan is my only worry he needs to learn to play better positional defense and stop reaching. Favorite moment of the game was Spencer doing that turnaround shot over Alleyne.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The stats at the top of the thread show a final score of 70-60. Might want to find a better place to get the stats after a game.

Reaction Score
  • Spencer and Castle were total DOGS today.
  • Castle got a horrible whistle in the first half. He went to the line a grand total of zero times the first half, which is wild with how much he was getting held and hit on drives.
  • This is like the worst possible matchup for Samson. Just not strong enough for Soriano. I think it’s pretty clear this will be a position that gets some attention in the portal ahead of next year.
  • Dominating the boards while missing Karaban and having Clingan plagued by foul trouble is a testament to the guards. Big hat tip to Newton there especially.
  • Diarra was just off today. He’s always been pretty mercurial, thankfully this year these days are few and far between.
  • Heck of a day at the stripe
  • I don’t think I’ve ever watched a broadcast team get the names of the players mixed up more than this crew today. I lost count after a while. Diarra/Castle and Luis/ledlum seemed to be the most common mix-ups. And neither pair really looks that similar.

Tough critic!

I’ll take Diarra being “off” like this any day. Dude was an absolute dawg on defense, finished off some important drives with nifty layups to keep SJU from mounting runs, 5reb, 2 steals.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Look up Newtons numbers. He was quietly VERY good
No disrespect. He did miss all 4 3's, and had some head-scratcher turnovers. So not quite at Spencer's and Castle's level. But he controlled the game, rebounded the heck out of the ball, and was the guy handling pressure. And hit the free throws down the stretch.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm beyond impressed with this team. Everything was up against us in this game. At the Garden with the Johnnies desperate for a win, our rock AK didn't suit up, the refs were rough on us, and Clingan took himself out of the game (third foul was bogus though.)

Cam and Castle, what else is left to say about those guys. Two of the smartest players we've ever had. It's so much more than the shooting with Cam, what he lacks in foot speed on defense he makes up for with positioning, making the right reads, and quick hands. He was all over the court today making plays and even making one legged Dirk fadeaways. Castle is just a freshman but he shares those same smarts, he backs it out when it's not there and attacks and scores through contact when he sees any sort of opening. His lack of outside shot was also greatly exaggerated, he can shoot. He's a lock down defender, has the total package on that end.

The past two games and this one especially shows how truly great this team is. Clingan was a no show in both and he's one of the most impactful players in the country. Clingan needs to be much smarter and we need to get the bench going. I'm finding it difficult to see anyone matching up with us on a neutral floor and we still aren't firing on all cylinders yet.

Reaction Score
I'm beyond impressed with this team. Everything was up against us in this game. At the Garden with the Johnnies desperate for a win, our rock AK didn't suit up, the refs were rough on us, and Clingan took himself out of the game (third foul was bogus though.)

Cam and Castle, what else is left to say about those guys. Two of the smartest players we've ever had. It's so much more than the shooting with Cam, what he lacks in foot speed on defense he makes up for with positioning, making the right reads, and quick hands. He was all over the court today making plays and even making one legged Dirk fadeaways. Castle is just a freshman but he shares those same smarts, he backs it out when it's not there and attacks and scores through contact when he sees any sort of opening. His lack of outside shot was also greatly exaggerated, he can shoot. He's a lock down defender, has the total package on that end.

The past two games and this one especially shows how truly great this team is. Clingan was a no show in both and he's one of the most impactful players in the country. Clingan needs to be much smarter and we need to get the bench going. I'm finding it difficult to see anyone matching up with us on a neutral floor and we still aren't firing on all cylinders yet.
Clingon is a bit immature basketball wise. He seems to realize when he makes a mistake. He my be learning in process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom