St. John's Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

St. John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Your negativity would be better received if we hadn't beaten multiple top 25 teams by double digits and if last year didn't exist. Until we start struggling regularly, there's no reason to treat this other than a bump on the road.
I am actually rarely negative. The last two games have been alarming. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
It’s a great win. To gut it out when shots aren’t falling. Won the second half by 10 points .

Castle made some big plays down the stretch and Sam was the player of the game. Led all scorers with 16 and kept Soriano in check.

Happy with this win and I know it feels good in the locker room right now.

Reaction Score
No it doesn't. It just means we have really sucked the last two games.
Or our centerpiece has been removed from the equation and the big east doesn’t even look like basketball most nights due to games being reffed like it’s the 80’s.

Add to that we’ve struggled from 3 and you have some ugly basketball.

We won’t keep struggling the way we have from 3 and we’ll adjust to Clingan being out. Samson showed tonight against one of the better bigs in the conference that’s hes capable.

Add in second half Castle and we’re building. Trust the process. Enjoy the ride

Reaction Score
I’m not saying it’s Hurleys fault but so many people freak out if you criticize coaching now
Point
———
Your head

It’s his fault for spoiling you.

Reaction Score
Looked better against the zone in the second half but still needs work. Clingan is key piece against zone D’s with his passing and size, so it’s going to be a bit of a work in progress to get everyone to gel with Samson playing a very different role.

Samson stepped up though. Was really worried about the Soriano matchup and he knew where to be on offense and made it tough on Soriano all day on the other end. Heck of a game from him.

Reaction Score
Ugly win, but tough wins help build chemistry.

Three semi-quick observations on our team:
1. Singare looked solid and played very hard, especially against that bulky veteran frontline. I swear he had a block against Soriano, but the box score shows zero.
2. Castle is contributing a lot despite his relative lack of scoring. He rebounds, passes, and defends well. That early 3pt. attempt looked smooth and rimmed out, but that one mid-range jumper late in the 2nd half was rough.
3. Surprised Stewart didn't get any PT. I would think his strong frame would be a good matchup against St. John's.

Reaction Score
Or our centerpiece has been removed from the equation and the big east doesn’t even look like basketball most nights due to games being reffed like it’s the 80’s.

Add to that we’ve struggled from 3 and you have some ugly basketball.

We won’t keep struggling the way we have from 3 and we’ll adjust to Clingan being out. Samson showed tonight against one of the better bigs on the conference he capable.

Add in second half Castle and we’re building. Trust the process. Enjoy the ride
says the guy who if we are 4-4 will go apoplectic.

Reaction Score
That was a gutsy win. It's never going to be easy or pretty when you play against a Pitino=coached team. St Johns is going to give a lot of teams fits this year. The Huskies handled the pressure pretty well & came away with a win without Clingan. Defensively they did a pretty good job on Soriano considering. These Big East battles are so much better than the old AAC games.

Reaction Score
I’m sure you were a “realist” last January as well lmao. Were fine. It’s the ebbs and flows of a season. It’s all not gonna be pretty
I agree. We are going to lose a lot of games this year - I am going to estimate 8 or so. St Johns playing a bit smarter wins that game tonight.

But it fact is, come March no one cares what happened tonight. It’s going to be about are we tough enough to win regardless of who we play.

We did take a step forward tonight. But we have a long way to go.

We need to settle in on how we are going to run offense and lock up the defense - it will be a long process, tonight was just the beginning.

Reaction Score
Castle needs to make quick and decisive moves to the hoop. He’s much more effective doing that than trying to back his man down in the post or break someone down off the dribble in the half court. He’s a slasher. Hopefully, he is remembering what works and continues to make strong moves to the bucket.

Reaction Score
Singare played as expected. Gotta tip our hat to him for doing what he was asked to do…battle Soriano and help on D. Points scored was a bonus.
I can’t even imagine what was going through Hurley’s head when they dumped it in down low to him, he showed us his attempt at a post game, and lost it of his leg. That was a head scratcher all around.

Reaction Score
Nice win. The team needed some confidence after the Clingan news and a loss would have been as bad as last year’s.

SJ take a bow

Spencer is thinking too much and playing too slow. Newton needs to keep forcing it, which is unfortunate because he’s better going with the flow.

Castle does not have the offensive game right now of a lottery pick. The shooting woes mean DH is going to have to scheme to his strengths like he did for Jackson.

Karaban is a Robin and not a Batman.

Understandably short bench but may have to expand through necessity at some point.

Need to just keep winning as many of these toss up games as we can with DC out. We don’t need to sell now but don’t want to drown either - just tread water

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom