ST Johns declines NIT bid | The Boneyard

ST Johns declines NIT bid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pitt declines NIT bid too

Reaction Score
Such a soft culture we have today, Pitino is going against what he has preached. The NIT FF should still be in MSG btw. I get your pissed about not getting a tourney bid but wouldn’t you want your team playing in the Garden in your first year.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Kobe Bryant GIF

man up and play in the tournament coward

Reaction Score
Pitt, Indiana, and Ole Miss also declined

Why focus on the NIT when you can go full steam reaching out to open transfers or tampering to poach guys off of teams that are still playing?

Unfortunately, that's pretty much an open admission if you're a player on the current team that your situation probably isn't safe.

Reaction Score
1) how exactly does playing in NIT games keep you from preparing for next year?
extra weeks of practice. otherwise they can't practice until october, or whatever. It's the same for football teams getting to bowl games.

Reaction Score
Pitino is done with this current team...he's out for revenge and on to the portal. Hide the UConn player phones & block calls from Pitino cell#

His team probably mostly didn't care about NIT either...would have been an early exit.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Why focus on the NIT when you can go full steam reaching out to open transfers or tampering to poach guys off of teams that are still playing?

Unfortunately, that's pretty much an open admission if you're a player on the current team that your situation probably isn't safe.
Gave this a like even though I don't agree with a couple of points. Obviously not "liking" tampering, but more important, I disagree with the seemingly all-or-nothing last line. I think there are many teams with solid cores of 1st and 2nd year players they want to build around. It's not like everyone has to go a la Pitino. That said, certainly the portal and NIL have created urgency to get players signed asap. Unless/until the NCAA changes the opening date for recruiting portal guys, it's actually a bit of a disadvantage to teams in any of the tourneys. Let's face it, the landscape has changed dramatically and in ways probably nobody expected, like this.

Reaction Score
If I were a player, this would absolutely piss me the hell off. I would want a chance to keep playing in March with a chance to at least win something. Also it's a chance for players to continue to develop and give a big middle finger to the selection committee by winning the whole thing.

Reaction Score

LOL. And teams that want to play, small conference regular season champs, didn’t get bids because the NCAA reserved them for Major conference teams. Screw Pitt, st Johns Indiana and Ole Miss. I hope the NCAA remembers the snub next time they are on the bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom