Spring football. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Spring football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice update, CTMike! The sections talking about linebackers and quarterbacks got me particularly amped up, too. And Shamar Stephen; 6-5, 315?!? I knew he was big last year, but my God! Sic 'em, Huskies!!!

“[Ryan] Donohue looks good man,” Moore said. “I like having another bad guy out there. It was me and Yawin [Smallwood] now we’ve got another bad guy out there to get after it. He’s a working guy. He brings the wood. Last year we played like three [linebackers] straight. Now we’ve got like seven. There’s no dropoff. You’ve got Marquise [Vann]. You talk about a bred linebacker that kid is…he doesn’t do anything soft. Everything is all…bam. He’s a hard-nosed guy you respect. You love his hustle. he busts his tail. He was in here this morning working out. He gets on the field and lets it hang out. Jefferson Ashiru is an athletic freak. He’s going to be the next thing. We’ve got so many guys now it will bring better competition.”

Great quote there from Sio. Donahue sounds like he has a mean streak. With the inclusion of Vann, Ashiru and Donahue, I like where the LB stands right now on paper. Loving the sound of things thus far after day one. This is getting me way too excited for the season to start. I think we as fans have something to look forward. Don't forget McNeal either. He will be there in June along with the rest of the 2012 freshman class.

Reaction Score
agree about the LBs. Loved hearing about Donahue, and I think we all heard some of this about Vann and Ashiru last year. We all know what Sio can bring and Yawin flys and brings the wood. Makes me pumped for a 3-4 because we need as many of these playmakers out there as possible, especially after losing some key guys on that line. Cant wait for pads!!!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
agree about the LBs. Loved hearing about Donahue, and I think we all heard some of this about Vann and Ashiru last year. We all know what Sio can bring and Yawin flys and brings the wood. Makes me pumped for a 3-4 because we need as many of these playmakers out there as possible, especially after losing some key guys on that line. Cant wait for pads!!!

I had the same thought about the 3-4! A lot of people talk about the key of the 3-4 being the nose tackle, and if Stephen (and Wirth) can become the "you need to double-team me" nose tackle, along with all of this depth at LB, I am REALLY excited about the defense this year!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Oh, and to add to that, the defensive ends of Trevardo, Jesse Joseph, and Jennings.....when does football start again?

Reaction Score
I tweeted at Dez trying to get an answer about the block C, he said he didn't notice......how the hell could you not notice......

225992960-20135815.jpg

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The white chin-strap?? You've gotta give Dez a pass on that; he's trying to jot down info on every unit during the practice, and I think he did a nice job of getting a lot of info in the report (or exciting descriptions, at the very least)...

Reaction Score
Oh I wasn't knocking him, just my personal sarcasm

but the block C missing is pretty noticeable, it was the first thing I saw in the picture

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-if the block c thing is about 1st year guys earning it, thats cool with me-like the idea.
-is the blue a little darker shade? or is that the lighting?
-andrew sparano was at practice. hes a OL at albany.
-seeing alot of great tweets. jimmy b is ahead of schedule injury recovery wise. another was that casey acts very professionally for his age.
-nebrich looked like he put some more muscle on the pipes in a pic i saw
-

Reaction Score
-if the block c thing is about 1st year guys earning it, thats cool with me-like the idea.
-is the blue a little darker shade? or is that the lighting?
-andrew sparano was at practice. hes a OL at albany.
-seeing alot of great tweets. jimmy b is ahead of schedule injury recovery wise. another was that casey acts very professionally for his age.
-nebrich looked like he put some more muscle on the pipes in a pic i saw
-

While I think Whitmer has a great shot to be the starter, I am hoping Nebrich really shines this spring and fall. Had high hopes for the kid last year (probably too high) and he didn't see the field much. Would have liked him to redshirt but was pretty much forced not to due to circumstances. a full year in the system now, a full off season learning the playbook getting comfortable with teammates etc., I think the WR spot and QB will two exciting position battles to watch this spring and fall.

Also, Dez made note of this in his article, look for Wilbert Lee (who looks like a man child) and Andrew Adams to make an impact in the secondary this year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Man did I miss football. I can't wait till April 21st for the Blue and White game at the Rent. Hopefully between now and then Dez, John Silver and Chip Malafronte will keep us going

Reaction Score
Man did I miss football. I can't wait till April 21st for the Blue and White game at the Rent. Hopefully between now and then Dez, John Silver and Chip Malafronte will keep us going

I was planning on going to the Spring game, but one of my professors approached me about an APICS presentation event/competition that I just couldn't pass up on the same day. Ironically it is in Storrs, CT most likely at UCONN, but waiting for more information. Guess I will have to wait one more year to see a spring game.

Reaction Score
My post should have read "Here are some photos", not "Here's some photos". Some might not correct themselves on fan-sites, but I went to UConn, and we're just better than that...

...GO HUSKIES!!!

(plus, I don't want any troll from BCU saying, "Ha, ha!")

some recruit's parents might be reading this and think UConn's full of OCD nut jobs. is/are is probably one of the more forgiveable grammar errors i've seen on the interwebs

Reaction Score
I was planning on going to the Spring game, but one of my professors approached me about an APICS presentation event/competition that I just couldn't pass up on the same day. Ironically it is in Storrs, CT most likely at UCONN, but waiting for more information. Guess I will have to wait one more year to see a spring game.

Glad to see you've got your priorities straight when it comes to your education. Sports are a nice diversion, but it's your education that will make it a litlle easier for you to get you through life...or at least keep you off welfare. :D This will also be a good opportunity for you to network. Good luck with the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom