Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age!

Reaction Score

I think the spring game will show who has the upside and better chance of being qb1 heading into fall camp. Rooting for Steven just because he finally has everything he needs from a coaching staff to showcase his full potential and that last year he just wasn’t developed and ready due to having an incompetent coaching because of Randy.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wonder what this leaves for a Speight or Fogle. They are at safety size weight. Speight was suppose to be fast coming in but he shrank a couple of inches during the wringer washer of last season.
Well- yeah not impossible to think that by the end of spring they are tested at safety.

The process is underway to reshape this group as more physical. Last few years we floated like a butterfly and could be swatted away just the same.

Reaction Score

-> Extra points - Defensive end Kevon Jones, a senior from East Hartford, left Thursday’s practice early with what appeared to be a minor injury. … Wide receiver Matt Drayton, who missed all of last season due to injury, did not practice Thursday but was an enthusiastic supporter of his teammates from the sidelines. … Wide receiver Cam Ross, who missed all but two games last season due to injury but who was the team’s leading receiver in 2019, practiced fully Thursday and appears healthy. … Marion made two big catches during a brief scrimmage at the end of Thursday’s practice, including one for a long touchdown and a one-handed grab across the middle. <-

As an EHHS alum, I hope to see KJ do great this year...and see him play on Sunday!

Reaction Score
I think the spring game will show who has the upside and better chance of being qb1 heading into fall camp. Rooting for Steven just because he finally has everything he needs from a coaching staff to showcase his full potential and that last year he just wasn’t developed and ready due to having an incompetent coaching because of Randy.

I think this is a pretty good take. Our coaching has been terrible. When you look at the post season performance by Travis Jones it's readily apparent that the coaches did not get the most out of him on the field. That's probably true of the majority of the squad. Steven will get his shot. May the best player win.

Reaction Score

-> “Today was our red zone day,” Mora informed UConn Illustrated following practice. “When you install, whether it be in spring or when we come back in summer, there’s an installation schedule that we follow. Typically for us, our first two days are kind of first and second down stuff, just getting to know each other. Saturday was our install third down and that was a focus point. Today, we installed red zone and that was a focal point.” <-

-> “Now, as we move through the practices we still have to do backed up, short-yardage, goal line, coming out, two-minute, four-minute, all those types of things,” as Mora detailed his blueprint for improvement. “You just gradually start to increase the volume and today was red zone day, so really, almost the entire emphasis was red zone.” <-

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I'd like to add from Ric's story: "Many school observers continue to comment on the stark difference in excitement and transparency amongst the program this spring, a change from the previous regimes. A scene that has become common throughout practices is a slew of potential Huskies recruits gathered on the sideline, along with numerous high school coaches from Connecticut, as the in-state relationships seemed to have strengthened."

To me a little added benefit to open practice, the kids are on stage....with an audience....good to see who likes the stage.

Reaction Score
I'd like to add from Ric's story: "Many school observers continue to comment on the stark difference in excitement and transparency amongst the program this spring, a change from the previous regimes. A scene that has become common throughout practices is a slew of potential Huskies recruits gathered on the sideline, along with numerous high school coaches from Connecticut, as the in-state relationships seemed to have strengthened."

To me a little added benefit to open practice, the kids are on stage....with an audience....good to see who likes the stage.
Everything is a recruiting tool and Mora is using it to its maximum capabilities. Mora is every bit the recruiter he was said to be and he may not get the levels of classes he got at UCLA here, but we are going to see a lot more higher rated recruits showing interest in UConn football.

Reaction Score
I’m really excited to watch Jackson Mitchell this year. Hearing all the positive things coming out about him makes me really excited to see him play again. He has been a stud for us the past couple of years and if he can make another big improvement with the new staff he might be able to take over a game for us!

Reaction Score
I’m really excited to watch Jackson Mitchell this year. Hearing all the positive things coming out about him makes me really excited to see him play again. He has been a stud for us the past couple of years and if he can make another big improvement with the new staff he might be able to take over a game for us!

I think he could be an All American.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom