Spring Ball 2023 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball 2023

Reaction Score
I am not sure when they will update the spring roster because there are a couple of kids who are not coming back this year that may or may not surprise others.

QBs - We have some competition this year and any of the Qbs this spring has the opportunity to going fall camp being Qb1. I anticipate the top 2 guys who will be battling it Joe Fagnano, and Zion Turner. I do not think Ta'Quan Roberson will be a fully participant this upcoming spring ball. Now Tucker McDonald and Brayden Zermeno could be a sleeper who knows, and Tyler Phommachanh I anticipate also to get some looks, but with us carrying 6 qbs, I anticipate we will only keep 5 qbs during fall camp because someone may be leaving after spring ball or has already left. Will wait to see tomorrow. Cale Millen.. do not be surprised if he is asked to move positions because he is not a qb after seeing him on the field last year.

RBs - This is a balanced group, but do we have our feature back? I don't think so . I like all our running backs and the amount of depth we have in this position. Losing Nathan Carter is going to sting a little bit, but I am overly confident in Rosa, Houston, and Brewton. Jalen Mitchell from Louisville could be hybrid of Burns and Carter given his size, but I am hoping he could be an immediate impact. This position will be fine and may not miss a beat due to our returning starters on o-line.

WRs - I wish we had a big body wide receiver, but Mora and co seem to be confident in the wideouts we got. This year our wr's need to be healthy because last year we saw what happened when Cam and Keelan went down. Flynn is not as good in my eyes and Turner was basically incognito when teams just keyed on him because he was our best wide receiver on the field. This year our qb is going to need all the options that he can get especially if we want teams to respect us in the passing game which means our wide receivers need to step up and hopefully we can be healthy. Granted we can run the ball well, but teams just loaded up the box most of the time, we should make teams pay for disrespecting our passing game.

TE - I have a feeling we may see Nigel Fitzgerald at TE alongside with Joly because they can create tons of mismatch for us in the receiving end. Now blocking scheme wise, we really need some help there hence we did an extra linemen as a blocker because our TE's couldn't block to save a fly. With Rayonte at TE, I think he will be our blocking TE alongside with Hansen the Michigan transfer.

O-line - I am glad to have all 4 of our starters back with Senn, Nyadu, Haynes, and Lundt. I am liking how this group has molded especially with having our whole left side and right side of the line playing a full year together will help. Now question that needs answer is at Center. We have Yakiri Walker and Fortin who were originally brought in as centers. We have seen Fortin have his moments and also not have his moments. Guidone did well at center and was mainstay. What I do not want to see is the rotational center in 2021 season where we had Fortin and Sidney Walker rotating in and out. This spring is going to be very important for Fortin and Yakiri to really step up because one of them two will be our starter when fall comes around. Mora could have brought in a grad transfer, but with seeing he did not, I am thinking the staff is hoping one of them step up. I have money on Yakiri, but we will see because Fortin is more experienced game wise.

Defense

D-Line - This group was phenomenal last year and with having majority back is really going to tremendously help our defense. I feel like last year teams did not respect our front 7 and we proved those teams wrong. Now what we need is to give them a breather because going 3 and out right after our defense forces a 4 and out is not going to sustain a high level of play in the 4th quarter and we need to do well offensively to give our D-line some time and rest to cause havoc when they get in.

Linebackers - We are losing a lot of production with Swenson, Bouyer-Randle. I gotta say I have trust in in Jackson Mitchell and the transfers we brought in to fill in those two we lost. Mitchell deserves to be an All-American why wasn't he? I am not sure. Like I said earlier, teams last year did not really respect us defensively and we made them pay for it. Hopefully this year will be a breakout year for our linebackers and hopefully spring ball will show us who our starters will be.

Secondary - Tre Wortham is the only person we lost, but we have good solid returners. This will be a position to really keep an eye on because the competition we have brought in for the spring is going to be exciting. Having the two transfers Bin-Wahad and Spears brought in will help our secondary. One person I hope to hear about is Spears he is 6'3 and played safety at Washington. I wonder who spot is he taking or are we gonna switch our defense to have more secondary on the field to where we have 3 safeties in the game?

I truly cannot wait to hear the reports on how spring ball is going for the team.

Reaction Score
Linebacker is my biggest concern. Hopefully the transfers and others on the roster can fill the void left by the loss of Swenson, Bouyer-Randle, Bembery and Webb.

Reaction Score
LB has to be the biggest concern for us on D... I agree.. I think we'll be fine with the portal kids we brought... hoping Tui and Fogle gives us a little more too since they've been here for a minute....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seen in the first day vid:
Mitchell Jackson, Stafford and Marion in warm up
Jackson Harper with a catch from perhaps Fagnano wearing 15 instead of 2
Watts in drills
Maybe Nick Harris with a catch - QB not shown
Louis Hansen with a catch from McDonald
Langston Hardy in drills
Ends with Zion throwing a long bomb to Cam Ross
Also in there Coach Mora making marks on a clip board.

Okay, pretty much can figure out the season ahead with this.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Linebacker is my biggest concern. Hopefully the transfers and others on the roster can fill the void left by the loss of Swenson, Bouyer-Randle, Bembery and Webb.
Webb is back

Reaction Score
Someone other than Tyler Pommachanh was wearing 12, which I believe was his number last year and playing QB

Reaction Score
LB has to be the biggest concern for us on D... I agree.. I think we'll be fine with the portal kids we brought... hoping Tui and Fogle gives us a little more too since they've been here for a minute....

The transfer from Delaware is listed as a linebacker, I think he will be terrific. Definitely lack depth at LB.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom