Spring 2012 roster weigh ins appear updated | The Boneyard

Spring 2012 roster weigh ins appear updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/conn-m-footbl-mtt.html

Weights up: OG Cruz 304lbs , DL BJ McBryde 301 lbs, DE Jennings 254 lbs, OT Gifford 297 lbs, DT Stephens 317lbs, MLB Donahue 242 lbs, OC Paull 298lbs, WR G Davis 214 lbs, DT Campenni 281 lbs

Weights down: RB McCombs 166 lbs, RB Fox 167 lbs

RS OT's Nwokeji ( 261 lbs ) & Hemingway ( 262 lbs ) still need to eat more before they can really make an impact up front for us....It'll be interesting to see how much their body mass changes come August...

Reaction Score
Damn, McCombs at 166?! I hope that drop comes with a bit of extra speed.

Reaction Score
I'm praying his weight's a typo ... along with Fox's...

Reaction Score
Discussing weights would be far more interesting if I had any reason to believe they weren't totally fictional. But the program's history is that they seem totally random.

Reaction Score
I'm praying his weight's a typo ... along with Fox's...

Why? He probably played at that weight during the season. He does not have the frame to add a lot of weight. It's a non issue, IMO.

Reaction Score
Offensive line looks the smallest since our Yankee Conference Days.
Griffin needs to get over 250 to get NFL looks. Blihdi is up to 6'2".

Reaction Score
Griffin needs to get over 250 to get NFL looks. Blihdi is up to 6'2".

Noticed that too with the OL, maybe the staff wants a more nimble type line? Some got taller, some got shorter , next year probably the same. Intrigued by the Mcbryde kid 6-5 and 300 listed as a DE but probably go inside. Hope Stephens becomes more fit, will need to play more, seemed to tire quickly last year.

Reaction Score

Not really on the interior, but at tackle, particularly past the first line + Bennett. I don't see a lot of depth at OT right now.

Reaction Score
The weights of McCombs and Fox could be down. Muscle mass is less dense then body fat. Therefore it's possible that they both added muscle mass, in turn decreasing body fat. They may be leaner, more agile, and faster but could physically look bigger. Even at 167, they could look like they weight 190.

Reaction Score
I love our punter is 6'1" 202.....bigger than some of the guys on the roster

Reaction Score
Why? He probably played at that weight during the season. He does not have the frame to add a lot of weight. It's a non issue, IMO.

Like your feedback huskysupporter, but in all honesty we need Fox and McCombs to be more like 180lbs at the very least.. Our #1 RB should be a little bigger... to take the pounding for the long haul... My opinion only.

BTW, I love what McCombs has done... He's been a beast for us at his size... He's one of my favorites on the squad simply because of his heart at his size... I'm sure he's built like a rock at that size, which allows him to play so tough.. Hope we see him do even more next season...

Reaction Score
I'm much more concerned with McCombs' balance coming out of cuts than I am about his weight.

Reaction Score
Like your feedback huskysupporter, but in all honesty we need Fox and McCombs to be more like 180lbs at the very least.. Our #1 RB should be a little bigger... to take the pounding for the long haul... My opinion only.

BTW, I love what McCombs has done... He's been a beast for us at his size... He's one of my favorites on the squad simply because of his heart at his size... I'm sure he's built like a rock at that size, which allows him to play so tough.. Hope we see him do even more next season...
I would prefer less carries for McCombs, to keep him fresher throughout the season. Williams is coming in closer to 200 lbs.

Reaction Score
The weights of McCombs and Fox could be down. Muscle mass is less dense then body fat. Therefore it's possible that they both added muscle mass, in turn decreasing body fat. They may be leaner, more agile, and faster but could physically look bigger. Even at 167, they could look like they weight 190.

No you've got that backwards. Muscle mass is much more dense than fat. So chances are they didn't have that much fat to begin with, if they are in fact losing weight, there's an issue there. We know these weights are wildly inaccurate, though.

Reaction Score
No you've got that backwards. Muscle mass is much more dense than fat. So chances are they didn't have that much fat to begin with, if they are in fact losing weight, there's an issue there. We know these weights are wildly inaccurate, though.
I do recall McCombs came in at 162lbs as a freshman, so 166lbs seems a little odd, Fox was listed at 177 last season.
Either way both these guys need to work out with Hanz and Franz!

Reaction Score

Good catch. I typed that wrong. Chalk it up to a senior moment. Muscle "weighs" the same as fat, a pound of rocks "weighs" the same as a pound of feathers. However, muscle is about 25% to 33% more dense (size/circumference area) than fat. This is why it is not uncommon sometimes to shape your body and lose pant, shirt, and/or dress sizes and sometimes not lose overall body weight, nor gain it. Muscle density is 1.06 g/ml and fat density is (about) 0.9g/ml. Thus, one liter of muscle would weight 1.06 kg and one liter of fat would weight 0.9 kg. Therefore, muscle is more dense than fat.

Reaction Score
Is Jan-Feb the time of year they normally "bulk up"? If a guy is a speed guy and doesn't have the frame, I'd still expect a few pounds of muscle but not on a defined schedule. If we want bangers we're better off recruiting them.

Reaction Score
FWIW, foxx lists himself as a WR on his twitter.

Reaction Score
remember we brought in Joe Williams 5'11".....205 lbs pppppuuuuurrrrrffeeeccttt

Reaction Score

I think with McCombs he is what he is, which is a very good back in the Big East. He doesn't have breakaway speed, and he isn't going to knock people down when he runs into them. But he is going to get every yard he can by making the right read when he gets the ball. I can't say enough about his improvement as a north to south runner through the season. He was dancing way too much in the beginning of the year.

I just don't think 14 pounds will make that much of a difference in regards to taking hits. And they both don't have the frames to get to 200. ANd I agree, wear and tear is a big concern. That is why another back next to mcCombs needs to emerge. We can't expect Mccombs to last with such a heavy workload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom