Sportscenter???? | The Boneyard

Sportscenter????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
really stretching things....

First, a five minute story on Boise state with a second shot clock violation that was reviewed by the refs this season. Except the one that happened yesterday was in the first minute of the game and clearly a missed call by the refs that was corrected. Is that really a story?

Second, we now have callouts because Linda Cohen hit 5,000 appearances?

Rome is burning....

Reaction Score
ESPN is pretty terrible save for the actual sports broadcasts. And even by the I don't necessarily mean the quality of the broadcast, but just the fact that they carry a lot of games.

Reaction Score
ESPN is pretty terrible save for the actual sports broadcasts. And even by the I don't necessarily mean the quality of the broadcast, but just the fact that they carry a lot of games.
True. Watched a little of the duke-unc game. Same audio issues as the Uconn-Tulsa game. Pretty sad.

Worse, if ESPN stumbles, it doesn't help CT in any way.

Reaction Score
Don't watch it, it's terrible and only getting worse. The days of showing extensive sports highlights from the day before are long gone. I don't know what caused the change but I can only take so many "segments" and analysis of off season NFL before i tap out.

Reaction Score
Sportscenter has been a POS for the last 10 years.

They had the simplest concept ever: SHOW HIGHLIGHTS. And people loved it.

And then they decided hey, how about we show almost no highlights, and instead interview a bunch of former $hitty athletes and throw in 3-4 human interest pieces and call it a day?

Reaction Score
Don't watch it, it's terrible and only getting worse. The days of showing extensive sports highlights from the day before are long gone. I don't know what caused the change but I can only take so many "segments" and analysis of off season NFL before i tap out.
The NFL has really done it for me here. I like football, but they have a year long over the NFL and don't give other sports the same attention or care. The NFL is probably third or fourth on my list (NCAAM, NBA, maybe NFL), so it just tires me out.

Reaction Score
The NFL has really done it for me here. I like football, but they have a year long over the NFL and don't give other sports the same attention or care. The NFL is probably third or fourth on my list (NCAAM, NBA, maybe NFL), so it just tires me out.
Same. I'm sure the NFL pays the most so that's probably the explanation.

Reaction Score
Actually, I should mention that Baseball Tonight is still pretty awesome, but that is definitely an exception.

Reaction Score
Actually, I should mention that Baseball Tonight is still pretty awesome, but that is definitely an exception.

Yet, still I find myself wandering over to MLB Network to watch MLB Tonight...

Reaction Score
Yet, still I find myself wandering over to MLB Network to watch MLB Tonight...

Agreed. MLB Network is also awesome. I usually watch both if I can. MLB Tonight might be better, but just thought it deserved mentioning that at least Baseball Tonight isn't terrible like most of ESPN's other programming.

Reaction Score
New Song: 'The internet killed the TV show'.

Pick and choose highlights, or just get recaps (including newspaper) of the sports you like or are interested in. No need to sit in front of the TV for an hour.

ESPN was supposed to be doing that for you but they have become a sports entertainment program and not a sports news program.

The game is the entertainment (not the broadcasters), they just don't get it!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Since MLB Network aired I have not watched Sports Center.

Reaction Score
New Song: 'The internet killed the TV show'.

Pick and choose highlights, or just get recaps (including newspaper) of the sports you like or are interested in. No need to sit in front of the TV for an hour.

ESPN was supposed to be doing that for you but they have become a sports entertainment program and not a sports news program.

The game is the entertainment (not the broadcasters), they just don't get it!
Just for the record, watching highlights on ESPN.com blows too.

Oh you'd like to watch a highlight narrated by one of the interns? How quaint! Just navigate over to the team page, it should only take 6 or 7 clicks (just be patient, our site is a bloated POS and each page will take a minute to load), then click the play button on the flash video, and watch an unskippable ad that is approximately twice the length of the video you're trying to watch. Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Just for the record, watching highlights on ESPN.com blows too.

Oh you'd like to watch a highlight narrated by one of the interns? How quaint! Just navigate over to the team page, it should only take 6 or 7 clicks (just be patient, our site is a bloated POS and each page will take a minute to load), then click the play button on the flash video, and watch an unskippable ad that is approximately twice the length of the video you're trying to watch. Enjoy!
I should have been clear, I don't watch highlights on ESPN.com either, I was referring to other internet sights, I alluded to that by including 'newspaper recaps'.

Reaction Score
I should have been clear, I don't watch highlights on ESPN.com either, I was referring to other internet sights, I alluded to that by including 'newspaper recaps'.
I know, I just wanted to take the opportunity to get another shot in at ESPN.

Like in Office Space when they're all walking away from the guts of the printer, and Michael Bolton turns around and dives back on it.

Reaction Score
I know, I just wanted to take the opportunity to get another shot in at ESPN.

Like in Office Space when they're all walking away from the guts of the printer, and Michael Bolton turns around and dives back on it.
Also what made them create so many different channels, isn't that costly?

They aren't that important or good at what they do for that matter.

Reaction Score
My favorite thing to watch aside from live sports on ESPN was NFL primetime on Sunday nights, it pisses me off that they turned it into a 2 minute segment of the blitz, then they have to analyze with Trent Dilfer and other analysts for a half hour, you have all week to analyze games I want to watch highlights on Sunday night not analysis.

Reaction Score
Funny you bring it up i turned on sportscenter this morning and saw 2 highlights. (my TV turns on to ESPN) The first was ben simmons getting fouled and missing 2 free throws, followed by the anchor quoting someone saying he was trying to do too much. Now that's drama. The second was the guy on Xavier needing one free throw for a triple double. So they showed him miss the first one, dribble dribble, then make the second. Riveting.

Sad to see that whoever cuts the "highlights" thought america wanted to see 3/4 missed FT's that had no bearing on the score/situation in the same segment.

Reaction Score

I used to watch SC a minimum of twice a day, usually my tv would be playing every rebroadcast even if I didn't watch them all.

I don't recall exactly when but it must have been about ten years ago Linda Cohn did a segment titled "who's now". I didn't understand it entirely at the time so I couldn't explain it today. All I know is I turned off SC that day & never intentionally watched it again. That segment was the last straw.

Reaction Score
It was good when I was a kid, or maybe I just didn't know any better.

No it actually used to be pretty good when it was actually about informing people what's going on in the sports world. Now it's mostly just lifestyle page puff pieces on what color Lebron's shit was today.

Reaction Score

Relative to how popular each sport is, they definitely cover the NBA as much or more than anything else on that network. They're financially incentivized to do so even moreso than covering NFL.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Is it just me or is there a story about a kid with a mental disability who is a team manager for his high school team who hits a three on Senior Night once a month? I was cool the first time (10 years ago), but now it is just repetitive.

Reaction Score
I used to watch SC a minimum of twice a day, usually my tv would be playing every rebroadcast even if I didn't watch them all.

I don't recall exactly when but it must have been about ten years ago Linda Cohn did a segment titled "who's now". I didn't understand it entirely at the time so I couldn't explain it today. All I know is I turned off SC that day & never intentionally watched it again. That segment was the last straw.

LMAO I remember those "Who's Now". Pretty sure the majority of them were extremely off beat athletes that ESPN had a financial interest in pushing, like a female soccer player or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom