Sports Networks - FoxSports1 | The Boneyard

Sports Networks - FoxSports1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Fox Sports starts FoxSports1 tomorrow which is supposed to be similar to ESPN. On my Cable Provider, it will replace Speed TV and I suspect that's what most cable providers will do. I will probably start to watch FoxSports1 to see what they provide as I've been dissatisfied with ESPN for a number of years. I find ESPN tries to create new/controversies with their programming instead of reporting Sports News. Even Sports Center gets into the act, but less so then their other programming.

CBS,NBC also have 24 hour sports channels and I'm wondering if posters find them watching ESPN less then what they used to or is it the same. For me, I don't watch NBC or CBS sports that often. Other then during the season, I don't watch much NFL TV either and my cable provider doesn't offer NBA Tv so I don't watch that either.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Fox Sports starts FoxSports1 tomorrow which is supposed to be similar to ESPN. On my Cable Provider, it will replace Speed TV and I suspect that's what most cable providers will do. I will probably start to watch FoxSports1 to see what they provide as I've been dissatisfied with ESPN for a number of years. I find ESPN tries to create new/controversies with their programming instead of reporting Sports News. Even Sports Center gets into the act, but less so then their other programming.

CBS,NBC also have 24 hour sports channels and I'm wondering if posters find them watching ESPN less then what they used to or is it the same. For me, I don't watch NBC or CBS sports that often. Other then during the season, I don't watch much NFL TV either and my cable provider doesn't offer NBA Tv so I don't watch that either.
Well NBC picked up the English Premier League (EPL), so starting tomorrow I will be watching lot's of NBC/NBCSN and anything else they own.

I'm hoping Comcast up where I live switches over to FoxSports1. I didn't even realize I had a Speed Channel.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Speed is going away. FS1 is a direct replacement. Does anyone know what FSC is going to do now that they lost the EPL?

Are they going to hang on until WC 2018?

Reaction Score
The key to sports channels is content. NBC & CBS have had almost nothing good, hence no viewers.
NBC started to benefit from some good NHL playoffs last year, and I would assume it will get a lot of attention during the Olympics.
Fox is supposed to be putting in some big $ into this channel and intends to be a player, though not sure what they have content-wise.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Speed is going away. FS1 is a direct replacement. Does anyone know what FSC is going to do now that they lost the EPL?

Are they going to hang on until WC 2018?
Fox Soccer still has Champions League, Concacaf Champions League, FA Cup and some International Friendlies. But that looks like that's about it.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The key to sports channels is content. NBC & CBS have had almost nothing good, hence no viewers.
NBC started to benefit from some good NHL playoffs last year, and I would assume it will get a lot of attention during the Olympics.
Fox is supposed to be putting in some big $ into this channel and intends to be a player, though not sure what they have content-wise.
I think I read that they picked up the 'new' Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom