South Carolina @ Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wilson looked like the only SC player who really wanted it today

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
SC is big and slow. They are poor defending the perimeter and Kentucky hit their shots. UK was too quick for SC and SC was forced to foul. Big stat for UK very few turnovers. SC just couldn't make shots and was a step to slow. The lack of outside shooters and ball handlers hurt SC. UCONN ND SC MD top 4 this week. Tenn Baylor follow. UK should move up into the top 10. It will be interesting next weekend when conference tourneys begin.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SC is shooting 50% on fits... Kills the scoring and morale.... And if not SC who at # 2? Maryland? Norte Dame?

I would think ND moves up to #2 tomorrow and Maryland moves to #3. SC drops to #4 with Tennessee #5.

After than who knows - Baylor with 2 straight loses and Louisville going down today. Florida State could jump up to #6.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Understandable now on Social Media we hear from the Lady Vols fans that they are Co SEC Champs when they couldn't do the job themselves :)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wbbfan1 said:
Understandable now on Social Media we hear from the Lady Vols fans that they are Co SEC Champs when they couldn't do the job themselves :)

...............mmmmhhhhhmmmm.........

Reaction Score
SC had the benefit of having a fairly easy schedule after UCONN's loss. they are not the second best team and they certainly were never the best team in the country. the fact that they got to sit at #1 for as long as they did was ridiculous. they are big, slow, and can't shoot from beyond 10 feet. yes, the lady vols lost to them, while severely undermanned, but i still believe they are overrated.

i will take a shared SEC title with SC in a year that all everyone wanted to talk about is dawn staley and SC. holly warlick just earned her 3rd title in 3 years. pretty good for a coach who can't coach. now....on to march...where the results really make history. :)

Last edited:

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell dresses well and his GQ haircut --well, it is similar to John Dillinger's now that I think about it--is very seductive.

With about 2 minutes remaining superstar coach Staley turned and looked over her shoulder and began shouting to someone. She was very angry!

Viewing the postgame coaches handshake supergalaxy coach Staley wanted nothing to do with the well mannered Mitchell. Oh well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell dresses well and his GQ haircut --well, it is similar to John Dillinger's now that I think about it--is very seductive.

You oughta watch the "Matthew Mitchell Show" which airs every week and usually includes him doing something strange like dancing or wearing flashing sunglasses while playing guitar. Every time I see it I keep trying to picture Geno in his place.

Reaction Score
If the officials called a few fouls on SC offensive rebounding, like they will in the tournament, that game would have been a bigger blowout. Notre Dame will beat them by 10+ if they get to the final four, their guards are much better then SC's guards. Which will give Stewie another chance to give sour puss a headache.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
SC had the benefit of having a fairly easy schedule after UCONN's loss. they are not the second best team and they certainly were never the best team in the country. the fact that they got to sit at #1 for as long as they did was ridiculous. they are big, slow, and can't shoot from beyond 10 feet. yes, the lady vols lost to them, while severely undermanned, but i still believe they are overrated.

i will take a shared SEC title with SC in a year that all everyone wanted to talk about is dawn staley and SC. holly warlick just earned her 3rd title in 3 years. pretty good for a coach who can't coach. now....on to march...where the results really make history. :)
Let me add SC does not have good ball handlers, and doesn't guard the perimeter on defense. They depend on their unathletic height much like MD. IMO the top teams in order are UConn ND SC and its a toss up between Baylor MD Tenn

Reaction Score

With about 2 minutes remaining superstar coach Staley turned and looked over her shoulder and began shouting to someone. She was very angry!

Viewing the postgame coaches handshake supergalaxy coach Staley wanted nothing to do with the well mannered Mitchell. Oh well.

Mitchell took a timeout with about 15 seconds to go to get the seniors out. Staley was irate and yelled 'That's BS!'.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Mitchell took a timeout with about 15 seconds to go to get the seniors out. Staley was irate and yelled 'That's BS!'.
There was a point during the game where the crowd was "somewhat" quite and you could literally hear Staley screaming at the top of her lungs like a crazy woman. The announcers completely ignored it - I was hoping they were going to explain why Staley was literally going bananas. She may be passionate and intense, but if she really did that, she's classless as well as clueless.

Reaction Score
This is the frustrating thing for KY fans..... you never know when they are going to come to play...... and with a starter out with that nasty knee injury few weeks ago (Thompson) they could have packed it in..... they didn't Congrats to them.....

Love watching Wilson for SC..... she is athletic..... repeat she is athletic!!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That's just poor situational awareness. Me thinks she's gotten into an "all about me," grove/rut.

I had no idea why the TO was called either. I was focused on the potential upset and whether Kentucky was going to blow their lead. By several accounts, Staley's attitude changed once she was aware of the situation.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I had no idea why the TO was called either. I was focused on the potential upset and whether Kentucky was going to blow their lead. By several accounts, Staley's attitude changed once she was aware of the situation.

When did her attitude change, after they left the court? Because she looked pretty pissed at Mitchell during the handshake.

Reaction Score
I watched 4 games today and the refs sucked in every one! As ya'll know I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Williams at all but she got screwed on two calls early in the NoCar game that even the announcers said were bogus! How do these incompetents get rehired year after year! They make $600 to $800 a game & have no freaking clue what they're doing! remarkable! Someone please tell me how you have a no touch rule and you can lower your shoulder and run a player over and no foul is called?

Reaction Score
Please, don't start this. In 2004, the entire US Summer Olympic team voted to designate Dawn Staley flagbearer for the team. That's not just basketball players, but the whole team, boxers, divers, equestrians, decathletes, the whole works. Do you truly believe that this assemblage of America's finest athletes would choose a classless individual to represent them, and by extension all America? I don't believe that for a second. Dawn Staley is not "classless".

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
SC is big and slow. They are poor defending the perimeter and Kentucky hit their shots. UK was too quick for SC and SC was forced to foul. Big stat for UK very few turnovers. SC just couldn't make shots and was a step to slow. The lack of outside shooters and ball handlers hurt SC. UCONN ND SC MD top 4 this week. Tenn Baylor follow. UK should move up into the top 10. It will be interesting next weekend when conference tourneys begin.

I don't see how you can claim Kentucky "hit their shots", when they made 19-60 from the field and 2-13 from 3 and 2 sentences later claim SC "could't make shots" when they were 20-62 and 6-22 from 3. This game perfectly illustrated what I've claimed about the SEC all year long... every team in the SEC is offensively challenged. There are a few that play good defense, but none play good offense.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Please, don't start this. In 2004, the entire US Summer Olympic team voted to designate Dawn Staley flagbearer for the team. That's not just basketball players, but the whole team, boxers, divers, equestrians, decathletes, the whole works. Do you truly believe that this assemblage of America's finest athletes would choose a classless individual to represent them, and by extension all America? I don't believe that for a second. Dawn Staley is not "classless".
In 2004... How on earth did we get all the way back to 2004.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In 2004... How on earth did we get all the way back to 2004.

delorean1.jpg

Reaction Score
I rewatched the UConn-SCar game with sound (I often mute) recently. I was struck by the screeching heard in the background at times that I believe came from the SCar bench. But I don't think it was DS - maybe an assistant? Anybody else notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom