South Carolina @ Kentucky | Page 4 | The Boneyard

South Carolina @ Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell dresses well and his GQ haircut --well, it is similar to John Dillinger's now that I think about it--is very seductive.

With about 2 minutes remaining superstar coach Staley turned and looked over her shoulder and began shouting to someone. She was very angry!

Viewing the postgame coaches handshake supergalaxy coach Staley wanted nothing to do with the well mannered Mitchell. Oh well.
Uses too much junk on his hair. yuk yuk

His tv show is pretty bad too.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I rewatched the UConn-SCar game with sound (I often mute) recently. I was struck by the screeching heard in the background at times that I believe came from the SCar bench. But I don't think it was DS - maybe an assistant? Anybody else notice?
I noticed that as well. The announcers were completely silent on it. I assumed it was Dawn who was doing the screaming. But it would have been nice for the to acknowledge what was happening where the cameras couldn't see...

I honestly get that people are passionate, etc, but IMHO part of the problem is that she really does think she has a shot at the NC over the next few years. That's a good thing and a bad thing. On the bad side, she hasn't quite grasped yet that SC is/was over rated and the gap between them and UCONN is cavernous. On the good side, having that belief is something she tries to instill in her players and believing you deserve to be at the top is part of the battle...

Reaction Score
I rewatched the UConn-SCar game with sound (I often mute) recently. I was struck by the screeching heard in the background at times that I believe came from the SCar bench. But I don't think it was DS - maybe an assistant? Anybody else notice?
Probably a fan. There was someone behind me at a game yesterday and she was LOUD!

Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell dresses well and his GQ haircut --well, it is similar to John Dillinger's now that I think about it--is very seductive.

With about 2 minutes remaining superstar coach Staley turned and looked over her shoulder and began shouting to someone. She was very angry!

Viewing the postgame coaches handshake supergalaxy coach Staley wanted nothing to do with the well mannered Mitchell. Oh well.[/QUOT]
You are hopeless..:) Look closer, I believe the only comb-over GQ uses is Donald Trump! Mitchell has been lost lots of hair, he should just shave it all off. I do like his exaggerated expression when he pleads with the referees, only seconds to Mulkey. I bet he can put on some heels and starts to peel off his jacket if he has to.

Reaction Score

Viewing the postgame coaches handshake supergalaxy coach Staley wanted nothing to do with the well mannered Mitchell. Oh well.
You are hopeless..:) Look closer, I believe the only comb-over GQ uses is Donald Trump! Mitchell has been lost lots of hair, he should just shave it all off. I do like his exaggerated expression when he pleads with the referees, only seconds to Mulkey. I bet he can put on some heels and starts to peel off his jacket if he has to.

Reaction Score
Please, don't start this. In 2004, the entire US Summer Olympic team voted to designate Dawn Staley flagbearer for the team. That's not just basketball players, but the whole team, boxers, divers, equestrians, decathletes, the whole works. Do you truly believe that this assemblage of America's finest athletes would choose a classless individual to represent them, and by extension all America? I don't believe that for a second. Dawn Staley is not "classless".
1. She did not get 100% of the vote in 2004, so the word 'entire' could be misleading. We cannot say the entire country voted for Bush, or Obama...
2. She was not screaming at her Olympic teammates and was more well behaved, younger, modest and was not making big bucks like what SC is paying her.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
One thought about yesterday's game. I've said it before and I've seen nothing to change my mind, I'll take Moriah Jefferson over ANY guard in the country, including Tiffany Mitchell, who basically was a non-factor.

Reaction Score
One thought about yesterday's game. I've said it before and I've seen nothing to change my mind, I'll take Moriah Jefferson over ANY guard in the country, including Tiffany Mitchell, who basically was a non-factor.
I think Tiffany Mitchell has not recovered from the loss to UConn yet even though her coach has a 24-hour rule. I think her team has a good chemistry during the most of the games. maybe she will carry her team finally to a Final 4 this time. But I will take MJ's speed over other disadvantage MJ might have when in comparison to other PGs in the country.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
But technically they do play different positions. Moriah is a pure PG. Tiff is a SG or combo guard or 2G - Sessions is their starting PG...

Reaction Score
That would be Nikki McCray-Penson hollering like a mad woman :rolleyes:. She can also be heard during the Duke, Kentucky, and Uconn games. Also if you just can't get enough, at last years sweet 16 between SC and UNC.

Reaction Score
It is definitely an assistant coach. I made note of the same high-pitched, frantic screeching when I attended the SC-Florida game at Gainesville in mid-January. Whoever it is seems to have sway over defensive assignments, but it's hard to believe that whatever she says can be understood by the players.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Anytime you get an offense with good ball handlers and good shooters playing against a team that packs it in and gives they open shots it makes it very tuff to win when theyre hitting. We saw that against Baylor with LVille. UConn has great great shooters and ball handlers. St Johns played UConn tuff with players who hit everything they threw at the basket. A team with good guards can win a lot of tuff games. Kentucky played a great game, SC didn't.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
But technically they do play different positions. Moriah is a pure PG. Tiff is a SG or combo guard or 2G - Sessions is their starting PG...

That's why I said ANY guard in the country;) Moriah could easily play as a SG. Her ability to take people off the bounce or to shoot the 3 is, IMHO, unequaled by any other guard period. In fact, if she had sufficient attempts, she would rank 2nd in the country behind KML in 3 point accuracy. Compare Moriah (48.7%) to Mitchell (44.4%) and Loyd(33%).

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I just looked at the box score... The SC starters scored just 17 points... I think Dawn has to shake things up... Not a good time for the SC train to leave the tracks...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I just looked at the box score... The SC starters scored just 17 points... I think Dawn has to shake things up... Not a good time for the SC train to leave the tracks...
It's even worse! 3 starters (Sessions, Dozier, & Ibiam) played 45 minutes, shot 1 for 10 and collected a total of 5 rebounds. I look for Wilson to be inserted into the starting lineup replacing Dozier. Cuevas is clearly not ready to be a starter-O'niel abused her more than Mo jet did. Same story for Coates not ready to be a starter either- she looked so much better last year.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
And 20 turnovers for SC...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One other thing I'd like to add is that I'm grateful that this thread is about as long as the SC-Tennessee thread. I know in the past some have complained that we talk too much about Tennessee, but now that SC is better than them, we have a thread just as long dedicated solely to SC vs. Kentucky. Also the Duke in free fall thread has close to 90 posts to it so it seems that there is a healthy amount of UCONN fan interest in many different programs out there that are "in the news"...

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
Oh god, yes. When Matthew starts to plead I get all weak-kneed and I could just melt.....excuse me, I just got carried away a bit.

Reaction Score
wrt having Wilson bring the ball down.

I remember Geno turning a game around by having Charde H. bring the ball down when the UCONN
guards were having problems against a press. The slower forward guarding Charde could not handle her.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Yes- there was an obnoxious person screeching regularly throughout the game. I thought it was a crazy fan. Will try to listen and watch more carefully and if I come up with any theories ~ I'll private message you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom