South Carolina @ Georgia | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina @ Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
On another topic, Notre Dame has just an 8-pt lead at home over Virginia 5 minutes into the second half.

Reaction Score
Why is there so much dislike for the SEC on this board? The league is definitely tough! I've watched a lot of WCBK games over the years and you can really tell the SEC is just "different" than other leagues. Its more physical, almost every team has something they're good at that you have to worry about. Yea you can say....."they haven't been to a FF since 2008"...but before LSU and Tenn were pretty consistent getting to the FF. But that is the past! I'm not being biased here at all btw...I enjoy women's basketball in general and get to watch it a lot...everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course but the SEC isn't chopped liver like some here make it out to be.

Reaction Score
Why is there so much dislike for the SEC on this board? The league is definitely tough! I've watched a lot of WCBK games over the years and you can really tell the SEC is just "different" than other leagues. Its more physical, almost every team has something they're good at that you have to worry about. Yea you can say....."they haven't been to a FF since 2008"...but before LSU and Tenn were pretty consistent getting to the FF. But that is the past! I'm not being biased here at all btw...I enjoy women's basketball in general and get to watch it a lot...everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course but the SEC isn't chopped liver like some here make it out to be.
Nuthin' personal, but I think it has something to do with UCONN could beat every team in the SEC by 20+, 10 out of 10 times. And our frustration with the pathetic league we're stuck in.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
And the perceived lack of success of SEC teams in the NCAA tournament.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
AnotherVolFan said:

For me, I don't necessarily dislike the SEC. I think they have 2 teams that should be ranked and will be high seeds in the ncaa tourney. Its all the love for Kentucky, Mississippi State and Georgia that I don't get. I just personally don't think they are that great. I watch a lot of games, live and on tv, and I think there a some teams that are better. I think it will sort itself out in the ncaa tourney ( unless of course LSU gets in and plays at Baton Rouge because they always do well at home in the tourney)

Reaction Score
I think some of it may have to do with the fact that for a few years at the beginning of their unprecedented dominance over the nation, UConn was routinely tarred with the "they don't play anyone" bull crap, even as they waxed teams from the power conferences on a regular basis, then, when the Big East developed into the dominate conference in WBB we rarely heard the "experts" refer to the Big East as the most dominant conference in all the land as it had become.

Now that the Big East has broken up, the old stand-by against UConn is back in fashion.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Suebird10fan said:
No Coates?

No. Suspended for one game due to violation of team rules

Reaction Score
Well, do you disagree that if one of our teams shoots 49% on Monday night they will likely win?
I may be in the minority here, but I think Monday will be a really competitive game.

Of course if UConn shoots 50+.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Peck said she think's SC can shoot 49% against the Huskies. I believe only two teams over the last 350 games have done that, one being Stanford this year.
Can we leave the uninterrupted Stanford layup line out of this, please.

I still have nightmares.;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner has 26 points on 14 shots to go with 13 rebounds for ND tonight.

If they give Wilson the FOY award then the award has no meaning.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And maybe even more come Monday, if she meets up with Kiah or maybe Stewie a couple of times. They have set several players to seething this year.:cool:

Reaction Score
Frontcourt advantage to SC over UConn according to Peck.

Stewart, Tuck, KML, Stokes, Williams.

SC may have more frontcourt bodies, but NOBODY has an advantage over that crew.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well, Peck thinks SC can shoot 49% against UConn, but they're shooting 40% against a mediocre Georgia team missing two of its best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom