South Carolina Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Rough few minutes for Collier. KLS having a really good game.

Reaction Score
I agree. Not in the box score, per se, but tipped balls, defense, being "in the moment". impressive for a freshman in this environment. Kudos to our coaching staff for bringing her along. Has anyone ever before mentioned how great our coaching is?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
First half stats: UConn 13 for 30 43%, only 4 assists on 13 baskets, 3 for 9 on 3 pointers, 7 turnovers.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The drop off in defense some of you are mentioning is because the whistles started blowing and Morgan went out. And while we can get a call when we drive to the basket most of the loose ball and away from the basket fouls are going SC's way. And not surprisingly Mattingly is calling most of those. I wish the refs would watch two things a little more 1) The constant push offs that Mo was complaining about and 2) The huge number of moving screens especially by Coates. Despite the massive booing by the fans we are the ones who went over the limit not them. I think Wilson has a bad cramp. They aren't used to this pace. I hope she returns because I don't want to hear the excuses.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Coates was just as guilty of the holding going after that loose ball but as usual the freshman gets called.

Reaction Score
This stinks Wilson got hurt. Get better- hope it is nothing.

Secondly as we expect some awful calls - on both sides - but the 1st call on Tuck was a joke - but again other calls that went UCONN's way bad too.

Stewie and MoJeff sensational. Tuck very very very very very good. The fact Tuck able to negate Coates was terrific.

Reaction Score
I hope it's just a cramp, but it didn't look like she walked off that way. Usually, the trainer deals with that on the sidelines, since it can suddenly go away and then the player can get right back in. If she is out for the game, let's hope she's back before March....

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Only 4 assists in the first half. That's very un-UCONN

Reaction Score
I'll take the 10 point lead, but South Carolina has got to feel great about having scored on 6 of their last 10 possessions.

If they've figured out a formula, we're going to have a hard time pulling away.
The formula was we had two freshmen on the floor at that point. Very valuable PT for down the road. ;) Officials a little weird tonight with a couple of the traveling calls. Dawn must have gotten into an ear.

Reaction Score
The drop off in defense some of you are mentioning is because the whistles started blowing and Morgan went out. And while we can get a call when we drive to the basket most of the loose ball and away from the basket fouls are going SC's way. And not surprisingly Mattingly is calling most of those. I wish the refs would watch two things a little more 1) The constant push offs that Mo was complaining about and 2) The huge number of moving screens especially by Coates. Despite the massive booing by the fans we are the ones who went over the limit not them. I think Wilson has a bad cramp. They aren't used to this pace. I hope she returns because I don't want to hear the excuses.

Gabby gets hockey-check and that idiot Doris Burke starts calling out how Dawn was hopping off the bench screaming that she wanted a walk. You tend to walk when you get hip- checked. And the play with Collier going for the ball with Coates. Give me a break- two players going for the ball. We are playing in USC though and we jumped out to a big lead.

Reaction Score
I hate the way gabby and nurse keep getting stripped of the ball on fast breaks. Protect the ball.

Why isn't Butler playing? I mean doesn't she needs this type of big game environment?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Could have been a bigger lead except for some timely stripping of the ball from UConn players driving towards the basket by So Carolina. Stats show So Carolina with only 3 steals, had to be more then that. Difference in the game is UConn has made 2 more 3's and 4 more free throws. Plus UConn's Defense.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Wilson not coming out for the second half. Still being evaluated.

Reaction Score
Do the Vol Nationals want us to beat SCAR?
Or do they want the Jedi to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01