South Carolina game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

South Carolina game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
He still doesn't trust Gabby in big games. He's gonna have to at some point.

I don't think that's true. He just wanted to step on the gas in that first half and pace of the game is brisk. She'll be in. Same thing with Stokes. I think he wanted to be offensive minded to get the momentum in the first half. Stokes doesn't have the offensive mindset all the time.

Reaction Score
what up with the PT for stokes?

She got the hook very fast, so perhaps she did something.

Then again, Geno may have just wanted a quick breather for Tuck.

One reason the offense is working because UConn is able to put all 5 guys on the perimeter and then drive past the bigger, but slower SC players. That won't work for Stokes, whose defender would just stay in the lane. I imagine we'll see her eventually, but perhaps not until SC's defense stops UConn.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I think athletically Gabby matches up really well. She could certainly pull down some rebounds.

She does but the pace of the game may be a bit much for her. Decisions have to be made really really quick in a game like this. That's what I'm thinking anyway. She's really close though. I think she'll get her feet wet in the 2nd half. Then by Tourney time watch out!

Reaction Score
I think athletically Gabby matches up really well. She could certainly pull down some rebounds.

Same issue as with Stokes -- Gabby's defender would also stay in the paint. Having 5 guys on the perimeter has worked well so far. Until SC stops it, I think Gabby and Stokes are probably on the sideline.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
South Carolina players look like they don't know what hit them. They have that "deer in the headlights" look!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Where, I say WHERE is that gol durn rooster from down yonder????

Probably would be in here already if the score were reversed. Actually I'm surprised to not see posts from a lot of the regular UCONN Boneyarders tonight. Where are you guys?

Reaction Score
Your girls are shooting the lights out right now. Our young players are looking tight and nervous once Geno decided to lock down Mitchell. Impressive run and total domination second ten minutes. Hopefully that was your best shot and we can settle down, chip away and make this a game in the second half.
If that's realistic, then maybe Geno shouldn't let up on the gas in the 2nd half?

Reaction Score
Maybe its too early for the SC faithful to blame the officiating? I gotta believe that's coming at some point.

Reaction Score
Geno better not let up on the gas. Press the hell out of them out of the half and break them for good. Once it's a 20 point lead, it's lights out. Let them back into the game and we could have another Stanford on our hands.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Best Half of Basketball this Year against a Quality Opponent.

Reaction Score
Dee Kantner has decided to insert herself into the proceedings.

Reaction Score
Lets go we need to pick it up! We are just going through the motions out there.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Dee Kantner has decided to insert herself into the proceedings.

Yeah there was a nice flow to the game. She didn't want that to continue. ;)

Reaction Score
A night of favorable rims: teams are 9/12 combined on 3s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member