South Bend is... | The Boneyard

South Bend is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...a little far from Bristol, CT. So instead of a tour of the ESPN studios, they brought the WWW personalities to South Bend starting with Dickie V...I'm sure Digger is lurking close-by too.

Greenwell meets Dickie V at ND

HUGE weekend for ND, as Becca Greenwell is making her official visit this weekend, along with their other three recruits who have already verballed. I think there is some kind of big game being played on campus tomorrow too. Personally, I think given her Catholic background and close friendships with several other Irish recruits, that ND is a better fit for her than Duke. Besides, how could any true fan of KY (Greenwell was born and raised in the Lexington area) attend the school of the #1 Wildcat killer Christian Laettner?! ;)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Pretty big recruiting weekend for Rutgers as well with #9 Tyler Scaife & #19 Ieshia Small on campus this weekend for official visits.

Reaction Score
...a little far from Bristol, CT. So instead of a tour of the ESPN studios, they brought the WWW personalities to South Bend starting with Dickie V...I'm sure Digger is lurking close-by too.

Greenwell meets Dickie V at ND

lol. I assure you, Dickie V was NOT there for the purpose of greeting Greenwell.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Better watch out. If you let Dickie V recruit for you, the kid could end up at Duke.

Reaction Score
Cripes! DookieV is the biggest threat out there to my continuing to watch wcbb. If he ever starts broadcasting a lot of women's games on ESPN, I'll start watching quoits instead.

Reaction Score
Better watch out. If you let Dickie V recruit for you, the kid could end up at Duke.

His twin daughters both played tennis and graduated from ND and both married ND grads. Double domers.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
His twin daughters both played tennis and graduated from ND and both married ND grads. Double domers.
My initial post was a semi-facetious allusion to the fact that Dickie V is infamously sycophantic on air when it comes to Duke.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Does ND ever bring back Rudy for recruitng purposes? Or is he still in jail?

Reaction Score
My initial post was a semi-facetious allusion to the fact that Dickie V is infamously sycophantic on air when it comes to Duke.

I understood, just a useless piece of Vitale related trivia.

Reaction Score

He's not really a big deal to ND. The movie isn't the way it happened is part of it. So, there isn't the folklore. Other than that he's pretty much an balloon knot. I don't know a single person from South Bend who has met him that doesn't feel the same. He has this weird sense of entitlement (I know...insert ND reference here ______) as if he's accomplished something and that people should hold him in some elevated esteem. After the movie he moved to Las Vegas saying something along the lines that he "didn't get the respect he deserved" in South Bend. Last I heard he was scamming some sports drink that he got busted and fined for. He's been milking the name "Rudy" as much as possible.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He's not really a big deal to ND. The movie isn't the way it happened is part of it. So, there isn't the folklore. Other than that he's pretty much an *******. I don't know a single person from South Bend who has met him that doesn't feel the same. He has this weird sense of entitlement (I know...insert ND reference here ______) as if he's accomplished something and that people should hold him in some elevated esteem. After the movie he moved to Las Vegas saying something along the lines that he "didn't get the respect he deserved" in South Bend. Last I heard he was scamming some sports drink that he got busted and fined for. He's been milking the name "Rudy" as much as possible.

Well the movie was good anyway.

Reaction Score

Coincidentally, both the real Rudy and actor Rudy (Sean Astin) are in South Bend this weekend according to my friend who lives there. And Forty_four, please check the batteries in your sacasm detector, I was well aware that ND and U-M are playing on the gridiron tonight. However, I downplayed its importance as far as ND WBB is concerned in landing Becca Greenwell. I wonder if she will commit to ND this weekend or go home to "sleep on it". I say she falls totally in love with ND this weekend and commits before she leaves -- a football weekend at Notre Dame is a very enjoyable and memorable experience. I was there when the Huskies took down the mighty Irish!

Reaction Score
She just had an unofficial a couple months ago to both ND and Duke. She's had at least one other unofficial to ND with Reimer last year. Greenwell has pretty much spent the past couple months playing/starting with both Reimer and Allen on the U17 team and I'm sure MM wants to keep that connection going in her mind. She supposedly has an official schedule for Duke in Oct. I imagine she'll honor that. ND's hoping that Catholic connection takes hold.

As far as the Rudys... the brother-in-law just text me that fans doing the typical screaming of "Rudy" hysteria when they see Sean Astin....meanwhile the real Rudy inside at a book signing/attempted money making venture with little interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom