Sound like the AAC is mad | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sound like the AAC is mad

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Who is saying our basketball is worth nothing? I love our football program, but if you're even mentioning them in the same sentence you're missing the point. One has value. One we see the long term potential for value if we can get out of our deep hole.

AAC members don’t think their new contract will change with UConn leaving. Navy believes it’s all football driven.

Reaction Score
You think ESPN cares about our football product, other than at the most as a means to get our basketball product? That's so cute.
It does get a lot of negative air time. Who are they going to abuse now?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the kind of abuse the Catholic church is known for now a days is far worse than slapping the back of hands with rulers.

Honestly, I don’t think many AAC fans harbor ill will toward UConn. If they did, I don’t think they do now.
Those Catholic overlords can be a bit ornery though. ;) Do the Fathers still referee games?

Reaction Score
AAC members don’t think their new contract will change with UConn leaving. Navy believes it’s all football driven.

Some people may not miss UConn football but I will. I think they added to the league.

Like a lot of leagues, every program has their up and down cycles, so I never thought it was a question that UConns value (as a program) meant more than butts in seats during a lean period.

As I said, UConn football was an asset. Where it goes from here is up to DB.

Reaction Score
I think UConn will be fine, but you are forgetting the football playoff money.

Good point. That's an additional 1.25 mil or so difference from what I've seen (from group of five split to independent rates).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's why I think the AAC would be silly not to invite UConn to come back as football only.
Bad precedent. All the way in, or all the way out.

Reaction Score
UConn football uniforms should have this print on them, and Benedict should start an "Us against the world" campaign.

I'm not sure if the Catholics would give the ok for this to be worn for basketball though. They may think it glorifies war and killing and stuff.

Attachments

• UConn-Camo-Uni-675x380.jpg
    UConn-Camo-Uni-675x380.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 78
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t think many AAC fans harbor ill will toward UConn. If they did, I don’t think they do now.
Those Catholic overlords can be a bit ornery though. ;) Do the Fathers still referee games?

Buffalo loses $30m+ a year for sports.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately the kind of abuse the Catholic church is known for now a days is far worse than slapping the back of hands with rulers.

Haha. Reminds me, the nuns used to stand us boys in front of a class, and slap our asses with a yardstick. Corporeal punsishment at the hands of Sister Luigi, those were the days, lol....

Laughing at my memories, not the present day church.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom