Sorta OT- was perusing UNL board and came across UConn Chatter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sorta OT- was perusing UNL board and came across UConn Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you have over a century of basketball history, and you produced 3 NCs, that's not something you brag about. Just ask Kansas fans.

Sustained success in the regular season in your conference does translate more success OOC on national stage.

A better question you should ask yourself, would you rather be an Orange or a Huskies fan?

Why is that a better question? It's certainly not the same situation.

Reaction Score
Comparing apples to apples UCONN has a better AD than Kansas. More national titles and total dominance in one sport. What Kansas has is a century of success in basketball compared to 30+ years for The Huskies. Those additional decades of national relevance have made a strong impression on the average sports fan. Their in conference basketball success has been impressive regardless of which one they were playing in, or what period of time we are discussing. That shouldn't be discounted.

What really surprised me looking into KU Athletics, is that they only sponsor 16 teams. My school(PSU) sponsors 31 Teams in The B1G. Even NW, a smallish private school, sponsors more teams with 19. Academics between KU and UCONN are basically a wash. KU has AAU, while UCONN is higher rated in the majority of rankings. As an East Coast resident I prefer The B1G pursue UCONN, but I can understand how UNL, Iowa, or IL might prefer Kansas.

Reaction Score
I find it amazing that a guy who grew up on a cornfield in Nebraska thinks he knows what the rest of the country wants to watch. I have no doubt that others in the midwest would prefer KU to UConn hands down. But if you look to the northeast, suddenly the tune changes. A UConn that is recruiting and competing in the P5s becomes more compelling than Kansas. UConn has largely scraped by with key players in the 2010s but lesser talent. Back when the team was filled with NBA talent in the 2000s, the whole nation was tuned in, especially the northeast.

Reaction Score
It's not fair to say that the regular season does not matter. That would be insulting our basketball achievements from 1988 - 1998. During that period UNLV, Arkansas and Michigan won titles. Were they better programs than us? Would you have traded places with them?

Reaction Score
It's not fair to say that the regular season does not matter. That would be insulting our basketball achievements from 1988 - 1998. During that period UNLV, Arkansas and Michigan won titles. Were they better programs than us? Would you have traded places with them?
Before 1999 we just wanted a FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog