Sorry NCAA For The Harsh Words | The Boneyard

Sorry NCAA For The Harsh Words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I freely admit I was all for cursing the NCAA for taking so long to come to a ruling, as well as condemning them of being on a witch hunt and out to get UConn, but it turns out Boatright DID take impermissable benefits, even after he was at UConn. I hate that he has had to miss so much of the season, but the NCAA was doing their job, and in this case, they were right.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I freely admit I was all for cursing the NCAA for taking so long to come to a ruling, as well as condemning them of being on a witch hunt and out to get UConn, but it turns out Boatright DID take impermissable benefits, even after he was at UConn. I hate that he has had to miss so much of the season, but the NCAA was doing their job, and in this case, they were right.
The way I read it it was more that his mom kept taking benefits.

Reaction Score
He accepted plane tickets as well, hotel rooms, and other gifts. That's what I'm getting from Dom Amore.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yeah, but Boat was getting flights to play AAu etc., before UConn, and his mom for official recruiting visits before UConn, correct? I thought that was the original 6 game suspension violation. I thought the later stuff was somebody giving mom money and making the car payments.

Reaction Score
This is a stupid thread. We have been though the whole thing 50 times- thank you for #51. It finally makes sense now.

Reaction Score
Terribly sorry if the subject matter of the thread bothered you so much bud. If I missed something from another thread, sorry.
I'd like to think that we are all UConn fans here, so, don't be such a dick.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I'm not ready to apologize. I don't trust anything the NCAA says. It twists facts to protect its own behind. Moreover, it pretends to be concerned about student-athletes and amateurism in college sports, when its real goal is to commercialize college sports and maximize its own income.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with the commercialization aspect of your post. I think my apology to the NCAA would be more based on the fact that I, and many other NCAA critics did not know the facts of the investigation and were led to believe they were simply punishing a kid for the rule breaking of his mother, when in fact he did receive benefits.
I also had a problem with the length of the investigation, but its seems that once the NCAA got the paperwork they requested, they ended the investigation within a day, so some of the blame for the length of the suspension has to rest with Boat and his mom, and their lawyers I presume.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Im not sorry at all if anything I havent said enough harsh words they can go them selves they are nothing but nazis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom