Sorry... I can't help it. One of the greatest shots of all time.... | The Boneyard

Sorry... I can't help it. One of the greatest shots of all time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Still love CD's reaction. "Oh my god," she says to Geno.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't even have to watch to know what this shot was.

Geno's complete non-reaction to that shot is one of the absolute classic Geno moments. Just like he drew it up, right?

Also love the Tennessee fan clasping hands to the face in shock when the ball went in. And the play-by-play guy screaming, "TAURASI!!" Just fantastic.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno's thinking "This is why we recruited her."

She came in with unbelievable confidence and skill, and she had the bonus of being understudy to Bird at the Buzzer.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Someone asked Diana after the game if she had shot it from a favorite spot on the floor. She responded characteristically: "Yeah, but at the other basket!"

Reaction Score

It was an impressive shot but the caption is "one of the greatest shots I've ever seen" and I've seen multiple shots by high school kids that were appreciably longer and actually won the game, rather than just a score at the halftime buzzer. I remember a few very memorable Sue Bird shots that were equally as significant if not more so than this shot. It seems Diana has a legion of people that will always try and amp up her achievements when in fact, she doesn't really need it. She was a great Huskie but there were numerous other great Huskies who don't seem to be mentioned nearly as often and that's somewhat of a shame.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"I didn't know it was that unlimited!" Irrational but great.

Reaction Score
I love the shot... especially against TENN. I also love her shot to send the TENN game into overtime to extend the winning streak. Here is my favorite DT pass:

In case some of you haven't seen the shot to send it into overtime to extend the winning streak.... against TENN of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T-P8Hcrg-k

68 TO GO

Last edited:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
The joint was jumpin'!

I almost fell out of the nose bleed seats. I remember watching her release it and saying, "that might go in". The crowd did go crazy!

Reaction Score
I love the shot... especially against TENN. I also love her shot to send the TENN game into overtime to extend the winning streak. Here is my favorite DT pass:

In case some of you haven't seen the shot to send it into overtime to extend the winning streak.... against TENN of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T-P8Hcrg-k

68 TO GO

Awesome video. I've been looking for a good replay of that pass. One of many patented Taurasi no-look passes. Plays like that are why I will always consider her the best ever.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
It was an impressive shot but the caption is "one of the greatest shots I've ever seen" and I've seen multiple shots by high school kids that were appreciably longer and actually won the game, rather than just a score at the halftime buzzer. I remember a few very memorable Sue Bird shots that were equally as significant if not more so than this shot. It seems Diana has a legion of people that will always try and amp up her achievements when in fact, she doesn't really need it. She was a great Huskie but there were numerous other great Huskies who don't seem to be mentioned nearly as often and that's somewhat of a shame.
I'm sure Geno must have agreed with you. That's why he was so deadpan. And he was probably at the same high school games, you were. But you ddn't tell us. Were they JV or Varsity games?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sometimes we watch on TV or in person in the hope that something really spectacular will happen. Diana and Maya did that almost routinely.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Sometimes we watch on TV or in person in the hope that something really spectacular will happen. Diana and Maya did that almost routinely.

And now we have 2 players with increasing WOW! frequency at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom