Sonny Moore | The Boneyard

Sonny Moore

Reaction Score
Sonny Moore ratings have been updated with yesterday’s results, UConn #3. With Massey at #4 and NET at #2, it’s hard to see UConn as a #3 in the tournament, but the committee has, over the years, made some strange decisions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That ranking has to be when we were Azzi-less. Not now No way With Azzi and Caroline playing we are almost unbeatable
It’s cumulative, Tony.

Reaction Score
That ranking has to be when we were Azzi-less. Not now No way With Azzi and Caroline playing we are almost unbeatable
Love the optimism, but just adding these two back solves some issues and presents other potential issues...such as chemistry . And while Caroline is "back", she's been 'ok", but limited. Glad to see Azzi back as well, and I can already see her impact on the flow of the offense, but even the greats need time. How much is the lingering question. If Geno can regroup here and get this team clicking on ALL cylinders and reach the FF4...then he should be in the discussion for COY. A LOT has happened with this team. They didn't shoot well yesterday, despite the win. I'm too lazy to see if it's because he played subs more than usual. I got the sense that he was saving something for these next games. Let's hope so.

Reaction Score
It’s not simply cumulative. It’s a mix of resume and current state of a team.

As for Caroline, sure there’s lots of room for doubts. But think who Caroline is, what’s in her heart. The girl is built for pressure moments. Just knowing she’s available gives the rest of the team confidence. They can rely on Azzi. And Lou. But having that third player who knows how to win is really important.

And what it does for Dorka and Aaliyah is huge, too. She’s a stretch 4 who can shoot the long ball, can grab a loose ball and fire it down the court. The dimensions of her game are unusual and that makes her a really difficult matchup.

Reaction Score
It’s not simply cumulative. It’s a mix of resume and current state of a team.

As for Caroline, sure there’s lots of room for doubts. But think who Caroline is, what’s in her heart. The girl is built for pressure moments. Just knowing she’s available gives the rest of the team confidence. They can rely on Azzi. And Lou. But having that third player who knows how to win is really important.

And what it does for Dorka and Aaliyah is huge, too. She’s a stretch 4 who can shoot the long ball, can grab a loose ball and fire it down the court. The dimensions of her game are unusual and that makes her a really difficult matchup.
The issue with Caroline isn't her heart. No one questions that nor her skill set. The BIG ? is she healthy enough to withstand the physicality and stay on the floor? I don't think that question has been settled.

Reaction Score
I'd say a 3 seed is defensible on the merits.

Team isn't dominant even at full strength, Fudd or not.

Reaction Score
The issue with Caroline isn't her heart. No one questions that nor her skill set. The BIG ? is she healthy enough to withstand the physicality and stay on the floor? I don't think that question has been settled.
Fair enough. Thank goodness she doesn't have to be on the floor for 30+ mins now. She can come in and give us an electrifying 15-20 and we will be that much the better for it.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Thank goodness she doesn't have to be on the floor for 30+ mins now. She can come in and give us an electrifying 15-20 and we will be that much the better for it.
I'm certainly hoping so!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I posted this on the Indiana and other teams go down thread.

Yesterday evening on one of the local channel's they had one of the Sports Book guru's spouting about the Women's tournament games and they were asked about who he considers to be a good bet besides SC to make the final four. After today's games he stated UConn is the only team that he would say is a good bet to be in the final four. With the way they played for the first three quarters, UConn could have scored another 15 to 20 points more if they had played their starters the full game. They will not be a dark horse if they stay healthy for the rest of the BET and NCAA's.

Reaction Score
Sonny Moore ratings have been updated with yesterday’s results, UConn #3. With Massey at #4 and NET at #2, it’s hard to see UConn as a #3 in the tournament, but the committee has, over the years, made some strange decisions.
If it remains #3 after UCONN wins the Big East, then Sonny should be ignored

Reaction Score
It's difficult to seed teams with lots of injuries. And I think you need to be fair to teams with better records who haven't been hit by the injury bug(s). A 3 seed might not seem fair, but it's not unreasonable. Some teams are better than their records. If UCONN regroups quickly...seeding isn't going to stop them. Might even motivate them a bit.

Reaction Score
I'd say a 3 seed is defensible on the merits.

Team isn't dominant even at full strength, Fudd or not.
Is being “dominant” a requirement to be a one seed? If so , other than SC , no one else qualifies to be a one seed! Being a 3 seed means UConn would be somewhere between the 9th and 12th best team in the country! There isn’t any reputable “ranking” system or even eye test that puts them there. As of tip off today, there is no defensible position to have than a three seed.

Reaction Score
If UCONN wins the Big East it would be hard for them not to be a 2 seed if not even a potential 1 seed considering the top wins they have had over the season against top tier competition, and a close game against South Carolina. I think it is safe that they are a 2, but think there could be an outside shot of a 1 considering the losses of the other powerhouses.....

Reaction Score
If UCONN wins the Big East it would be hard for them not to be a 2 seed if not even a potential 1 seed considering the top wins they have had over the season against top tier competition, and a close game against South Carolina. I think it is safe that they are a 2, but think there could be an outside shot of a 1 considering the losses of the other powerhouses.....
I heard R Lobo on College Gameday earlier, saying UConn deserves consideration as a #1 seed, and that if we get a #2, the 1 seed in that region will cry “foul” about being placed with us.

The Marquette game just ended (I did NOT see that coming!), even if we lose tomorrow we deserve no less than a 2 seed.

Reaction Score
The only teams who might be playing about as well as Connecticut right now are Iowa and South Carolina, and Iowa should be a 1 seed also.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Any seed but 4 or 8 overall would suit me just fine! 3 to LSUs 2? Yeah!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom