Sonny Dykes | The Boneyard

Sonny Dykes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That man is one heck of a football coach. Is within a 2 point conversion of Texas A&M despite the officials killing La Tech. I love their running offense. Lots of counters and it is never clear from the formation who is going to get the ball or what the play will be.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The WAC is home to three of the most underrated coaches in college football: Sonny Dykes, Gary Anderson, and Mike MacIntyre. All would win in East Hartford IMO, though none except MacIntyre would be a cultural fit.

Reaction Score
Dykes and Willy Taggart would be on the top of my list.

But I doubt either would come here.

Reaction Score

Why do so many "doubt so and so would come here?" We heard this type of nonsense about Malzahn, and Garrick Magee and they ended up at Arkansas State and UAB. This job pays well and is at a major university that routinely plays in a stadium that is full close to capacity regardless of record.

This program will take off with the right guy. It is clear that P isn't that guy and we can all thank Hathaway for that.

Reaction Score
Sumlin sure did benefit A&M. I am actually surprised he is doing decently. Track records do normally speak for themselves. Exactly what Cincinnati has been doing with their last two hires. Oregon hired a man from New Hampshire.

Reaction Score
I don't get the cultural fit business. Chip Kelly is a total East Coast guy when it comes to college football and is now dominating at Oregon.

Reaction Score
Dukes is teed up for an SEC job that will become available at the end of this year: Auburn, Arkansas, or Tennessee. But, the concept is correct. Let's get a proven winner. Who cares if it is 1AA or as a coordinator.

Reaction Score
I don't want any more cultural fits.

I want to win football games, lots of 'em. And by gaudy scores. With passing and other shenanigans.

I want people to openly wonder if we're cheating.

Abso-frigging-lutely! This would be awesome. Screw this crap about "cultural fit". Besides the rest of the country looks down on Northeast football.

Reaction Score
IMO this thread should be pinned and renamed "Official Coaching Search Thread". We can have some fun with this at least and adjust it as season goes on. I'd love nothing more than a season-ending 5 game winning streak like 2010 and make this discussion moot but I am not holding by breath

Here's my qualifications

1) offensive focus or bring in offensive mastermind 2) keep brown at DC at all costs 3) young, media and advertiser friendly, willing to travel far and wide across CT to sell program in offseason 4) in nod to New England culture, keep political/religious views private; in other words don't wear those beliefs on your sleeve

Head coaches besides Dykes
Willie Taggart W Kentucky (African-American, may be the hottest prospect out there)
Dave Doeren N Illinois
Matt Campbell Toledo

Offensive Coordinators
Mark Helferich, Oregon 38
Kliff Kingsbury Texas A&M 33 no
Tom Herman Ohio State 37
Chad Morris Clemson 43
Phil Montgomery Baylor OC
Marshall head coach Doc Holliday (former WVU guy may get hired) or Marshall OC Bill Legg

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't care if he is an offensive or defensive guy, but he has to go to the spread. Our offense would embarrass coaches from the 90's.

Reaction Score
IMO this thread should be pinned and renamed "Official Coaching Search Thread". We can have some fun with this at least and adjust it as season goes on. I'd love nothing more than a season-ending 5 game winning streak like 2010 and make this discussion moot but I am not holding by breath

Here's my qualifications

1) offensive focus or bring in offensive mastermind 2) keep brown at DC at all costs 3) young, media and advertiser friendly, willing to travel far and wide across CT to sell program in offseason 4) in nod to New England culture, keep political/religious views private; in other words don't wear those beliefs on your sleeve

Willie Taggart W Kentucky (African-American, may be the hottest prospect out there)
Dave Doeren N Illinois
Matt Campbell Toledo

Offensive Coordinators
Tom Herman Ohio State 37
Chad Morris Clemson 43
Marshall head coach Doc Holliday (former WVU guy may get hired) or Marshall OC Bill Legg

Any of those guys would be an improvement over what we got.

Reaction Score
Hey Warde, let's get cracking. Go out early and make it happen.

Reaction Score

Here's my qualifications

Dave Doeren N Illinois
Matt Campbell Toledo

Offensive Coordinators
Tom Herman Ohio State 37
Chad Morris Clemson 43
neal brown OC texas tech
coached receivers & qb at sacred heart here in connecticut 2004
http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_neal00.html

Reaction Score
everywhere he coached offensive records have been set
sure would be nice to see the rock being tossed all over the place at the rent while scoring 40-50 pts a game....enuff of this bullspit of -2 yds & a cloud of dust nonsense
maybe lagow can bring him up with him

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dreaming about neal brown in uconn gear right now.....

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Y'all can forget about Dykes. He will be coaching at Arkansas or Auburn next year. That is, if he doesn't get the Texas job after Mack Brown "retires" this year.

That is what is going to be so tough for UConn. Texas, Arkansas, Auburn, & Tennessee may all be looking for a new coach.

Reaction Score
The WAC is home to three of the most underrated coaches in college football: Sonny Dykes, Gary Anderson, and Mike MacIntyre. All would win in East Hartford IMO, though none except MacIntyre would be a cultural fit.

Our football culture sucks. For winning football it is pretty much bankrupt. We don't need the Dean of High School Coaches in the North East. We need someone who is going to shake things up and kick some ass.

Reaction Score
Culture counts. No man named "Sonny" or "Doc" will coach our Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom