Songs With A Persons Name | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Songs With A Persons Name

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
When I saw that, I was thinking Eliza Carthy had done an album with Kate Rusby. Didn’t happen. Here’s a fitting one with a similar title from Liza:
Maybe you can wish a collab into happening!

I thought for sure Kate is Irish. Totally tripped me out when I found out she's from pretty much smack dab in the middle of England. Although both of her husbands have been Irish, so I guess she has an Irish soul.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So many great "name" songs!

This one should be higher than page 15. Did I miss it?

One of the first songs I remember hearing and singing along to (we had it on 8-track!). I always thought the reference to Brownsville was about the Texas border town, but apparently there's a also a Brownsville, Tennessee. Hmph.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Patty Loveless was mainstream country, but later in her career went more toward roots music. Here she's doing a duet w/ Ralph Stanley of a bluegrass standard. Classic example of what I call a murder ballad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This duo burned hot and fast and then disappeared, such a shame. I suppose I could've stretched it and used Barton Hollow, that could be a name but it's a place in the context of the song. Gotta be one of the best country songs to come out in the last 20 or 30 years at least. This works. They also did a nice cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean from this same show.

I hadn't really thought of it before, but this is a bit like Gillian and David--two voices and one guitar, and that is all they need, nothing missing at all. It amazes me how much noise can come out of one acoustic guitar when you have somebody that knows what they are doing with it.

edit--the guitar does have one of those resonating steel discs, that certainly helps in the noise making department

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom