Song Bonding | The Boneyard

Song Bonding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I want to know if other's do this or I am just nuts. Whenever I hear a new tune that I love or a favorite oldie I haven't heard in years I play it over and over again, sometimes up to 50 times; I call it song bonding. My wife thinks I'm crazy and she gets irritated. Once when I was a kid I brought home "It's Only Make Believe" by Conway Twitti. My father got mad and smashed it. Does anyone else suffer from this malady?

Here is your reward for an honest answer.

Frankie Laine Love Is A Golden Ring - YouTube

Reaction Score
Know what you mean. I will play the song 3-4 times a day for 2 or 3 days in a row.

Reaction Score
Whether others do this or not has no determination on your sanity. I have done it but not to the same degree (50 times ?) Your wife might be on to something.

Reaction Score
My wife gets mad at me for this also, although the fact that I hum off key might have something to do with it.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
You are definitely not alone, though I must say I've never done 50. Seven or eight? Sure.

And did your father smash your record because you were playing it over and over? Or because it was Conway Twitty? :p

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Doubtless you have heard Glen Campbell's version from about 1967? Much better. One of my favorites.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I play Makaveli (or Tupac) and Public Enemy (Chuck D & Flavor Flav) over and over again...

Makaveli's "Life As An Outlaw

Public Enemy's Black Steel (Hour of Chaos)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
upload_2015-11-7_12-41-4.png

Definitely, nothing wrong with that. Definitely. 'Course, three minutes to Wapner.

Reaction Score
You are definitely not alone, though I must say I've never done 50. Seven or eight? Sure.

And did your father smash your record because you were playing it over and over? Or because it was Conway Twitty? :p
Over and over for sure.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
There were probably several. Those that immediately come to mind are: Stardust by the Platters - It's Only Make Believe by Conway - Cryin' by Roy Orbison - Only You by the Platters - Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis - Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller - etc. Yep, I'm an old timer but I still appreciate "modern" music, as my son was an outstanding rock guitar player and my grandson is Ashley Wineland's (new Indie artist) drummer with vocal assist.

I became interested in women's BB several years ago upon tiring of the slam-bam men's game that nearly always looks like sandlot roundball. Katie Smith for Ohio State, Becky Hammon for Colorado State, Jakie Stiles for (then) SMS played the game the way it was meant to be and the way it was taught to me. Along came Geno with Becky, Shea, Diana, Sue, Abrosimova (sorry but I forgot her name), Maya, KML, Steph, Stewie, and all of the rest of the gang that were/are so very talented and entertaining. GO HUSKIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom