Someone confirm? | The Boneyard

Someone confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a friend that is very close to the UConn football team that has a "source" that Pres Herbst was on a plane late Monday night to Chicago to meet with the B1G..... Can anyone else back this rumor up??

I'm sorry if this sparks an irrelevant thread....but thought it was worth posting......

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
According to someone on the realignment board, she was on his flight to Chicago. We might have known more, but the gentleman decided that his personal comfort was more important than our need to know and he lost track of her when he went to retrieve his luggage.

However, a lot of people fly to Chicago and some of them are university presidents - most of them are not heading there to talk to the Big Ten. I would not spend a lot of time worrying about this one.

Reaction Score
If she was then they are now telling her she need to hire a football coach who can win a game and make them respectable again. For now they would be laughed out of every B1G building including Indiana football........doubt they need that in their league.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If she was then they are now telling her she need to hire a football coach who can win a game and make them respectable again. For now they would be laughed out of every B1G building including Indiana football........doubt they need that in their league.

But, but, but there was the Michigan game.

Reaction Score
There was this tall, bald guy, who high fived her and muttered something along the lines "about time you fire that guy who still thought he was coaching football in 1986".

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Explain Maryland while they were negotiating entrance.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I have a friend that is very close to the UConn football team that has a "source" that Pres Herbst was on a plane late Monday night to Chicago to meet with the B1G..... Can anyone else back this rumor up??

I'm sorry if this sparks an irrelevant thread....but thought it was worth posting......
Can you expound on your friend and his "source"? Was his source the Boneyard Conference Realignment board or inside the football program/athletic department?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

I've flown to Chicago hundreds of times... and not once was I actually going to Chicago. I've gone to Chicago though... but only while driving to someplace else... but made a point of spending a couple extra days in Chicago. :cool:

Reaction Score
That Toddlin' Town
The Windy City
The City by the Lake
The City of Broad Shoulders
Hog Butcher to the World
The Second City
Chi-Town
Paris on the Prairie
The City That Works
Palatine's Old Stompin' Grounds

That Chicago?

Reaction Score
That Toddlin' Town
The Windy City
The City by the Lake
The City of Broad Shoulders
Hog Butcher to the World
The Second City
Chi-Town
Paris on the Prairie
The City That Works
Palatine's Old Stompin' Grounds

That Chicago?
No I think it was the one in Wisconsin.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
According to someone on the realignment board, she was on his flight to Chicago. We might have known more, but the gentleman decided that his personal comfort was more important than our need to know and he lost track of her when he went to retrieve his luggage.

However, a lot of people fly to Chicago and some of them are university presidents - most of them are not heading there to talk to the Big Ten. I would not spend a lot of time worrying about this one.

I know, I am a real jerk

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Seriously? There was a time, not to long ago, when you would have kept this guy on the hook for a few pages while plying him with vaguely plausible scenarios. What the heck happened to you?

Unless....something is going on and you are deliberately misdirecting him to avoid premature attention to it.

h6E9C637A

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Seriously? There was a time, not to long ago, when you would have kept this guy on the hook for a few pages while plying him with vaguely plausible scenarios. What the heck happened to you?

Unless....something is going on and you are deliberately misdirecting him to avoid premature attention to it.

h6E9C637A

"....avoid premature attention to it."

This is a very prudent strategy.

Reaction Score
Under Armour
And just think how much more valuable Oregon's stock is with Nike and Phil Knight by their side.
Shoe companies seem to be running college hoops more than the NCAA. That's what is radically changing the collegiate athletic landscape more than anything else.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Might be something totally unrelated to UCONN. I hear her son is attending the University of Chicago.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Fair enough, WestHart...just didn't want anyone to be disappointed!

Reaction Score
Might be something totally unrelated to UCONN. I hear her son is attending the University of Chicago.
Well, some people just have to ruin everything! Basstid...

pj

Reaction Score

Great! Another CIC/B1G connection!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I mean... could also be related to this:
she edits the University of Chicago Press series in American Politics
http://president.uconn.edu/biography/

But, nah, she's totally meeting with Mr. B1G... we're going B1G!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom