Some thoughts on the MWC news | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on the MWC news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He isn't traditionally a doomsday guy, he is just very negative regarding CR.

And what has happened that has been positive regarding CR?

99% of the stuff that the pollyanna posters write about comes from made up stuff from their own minds. And I am not talking about the good things that Uconn brings to the table. I know how great a university it is. I am talking about actual positive signs regading CR and where Uconn will end up.

Reaction Score

99% of the stuff that the pollyanna posters write about comes from made up stuff from their own minds. And I am not talking about the good things that Uconn brings to the table. I know how great a university it is. I am talking about actual positive signs regading CR and where Uconn will end up.
I think (and hope) we end up on top of the new conference, and continue to grow the fan base, and win all OOC games. That's ALL we can realistically do right now.

Reaction Score

Nothing positive has happened. That doesn't mean that thinking we are stuck in the BE is any more grounded than thinking we'll get invited somewhere else. You either "think" we will end up one place or the other.

As I said, I think Fishy has an actual reason (source of some level) making him feel negative. However, I doubt that his source is high enough the food chain to know if the B10 has ever called Susan Herbst on her cell. That leaves me some small morsel of hope on that front. I think he has good reason to believe tha ACC isn't happening even if the ACC is raided. BC and Cuse are afraid of us and will keep us out--- as shorsighted as that is on their part.

Reaction Score
Nothing positive has happened. That doesn't mean that thinking we are stuck in the BE is any more grounded than thinking we'll get invited somewhere else. You either "think" we will end up one place or the other.

As I said, I think Fishy has an actual reason (source of some level) making him feel negative. However, I doubt that his source is high enough the food chain to know if the B10 has ever called Susan Herbst on her cell. That leaves me some small morsel of hope on that front. I think he has good reason to believe tha ACC isn't happening even if the ACC is raided. BC and Cuse are afraid of us and will keep us out--- as shorsighted as that is on their part.

I haven't heard Fishy say that stuff about the ACC. In fact, he has said the opposite. He did temper the near certainty that UConn would get in over UConn. That being said, as the ACC loses members, the ability of BC to ice UConn becomes increasingly untenable. They go from pumping up Louisville to looking more than weak by finally admitting they can't compete. Every school down there has other schools in the neighborhood, so BC's defense looks increasingly shoddy.

The problem, as I see it, is that there might be a mass defection from the ACC at some point, and that the schools on the outside looking in will be frozen out.

Consider, almost every school but Wake Forest, Cuse, Ville and BC might find a spot. One more might get frozen out (Duke, Pitt, or GT) but if you buy the idea that the B12 has 6 spots open, the B1G has 2, the SEC 2, then you realize that UNC, UVa, FSU and Clemson are definites, with 4 other likelies like Miami, NC State, VT and GT, and one of Duke and Pitt landing a spot.

Who gets left?

Likely Pitt, Cuse, BC, Wake Forest, Ville.

Reaction Score
I haven't heard Fishy say that stuff about the ACC. In fact, he has said the opposite. He did temper the near certainty that UConn would get in over UConn. That being said, as the ACC loses members, the ability of BC to ice UConn becomes increasingly untenable. They go from pumping up Louisville to looking more than weak by finally admitting they can't compete. Every school down there has other schools in the neighborhood, so BC's defense looks increasingly shoddy.

The problem, as I see it, is that there might be a mass defection from the ACC at some point, and that the schools on the outside looking in will be frozen out.

Consider, almost every school but Wake Forest, Cuse, Ville and BC might find a spot. One more might get frozen out (Duke, Pitt, or GT) but if you buy the idea that the B12 has 6 spots open, the B1G has 2, the SEC 2, then you realize that UNC, UVa, FSU and Clemson are definites, with 4 other likelies like Miami, NC State, VT and GT, and one of Duke and Pitt landing a spot.

Who gets left?

Likely Pitt, Cuse, BC, Wake Forest, Ville.

I didn't say Fishy said any of that. I think that is where his opinion is coming from based only on my observations over the years. He has a Cuse friend that is connected and he has proven to have a UConn friend as well. I suspect that he knows UConn has enemies in the ACC and that Cuse is one of them, which isn't something we planned on.

My feeling on the B10 is that nobody but SH knows if we have a shot. Based on her plans, I think she believes we do.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn is ten times as likely to join the WCC as the Big Ten. Enough.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
zls is just telling us what espn told him our odds are.

I thought it was Fishy who game him/her those odds. Anyone know if either Zls or Fishy are female? they should shack up together.

Reaction Score
Fishy is a modern renaissance man. He sips tea with his pinky extended.

Fishy prefers the B1G over the ACC for UConn. He has told me this in chat.

I don't think Cuse is against UConn to the ACC either. Sure they vouched for Louisville...but I never read anywhere they blacklisted UConn in the last invite action. BC OTOH is not your BFF.

IMHO: UConn will find a good landing spot. Fishy will need to explain why he is bearish.

Reaction Score
I don't think Cuse is against UConn to the ACC either. Sure they vouched for Louisville...but I never read anywhere they blacklisted UConn in the last invite action. BC OTOH is not your BFF.

I think a little too much was made of the "Syracuse supported Louisville over us", and extrapolating that to mean, "Syracuse hates us forever." Their support could have meant "We would support Louisville over UConn *if* we had to choose only one".

Having not yet formally joined the organization as a voting member, Syracuse's (and Pitt's and ND's, for that matter) could be at best advisory. Therefore, the best way to actually exert influence in the decision would be to come out and support a candidate in any informal votes or discussions. And since they don't have a vote when the question of an invite is raised, they may as well speak in support of the candidate that is more likely to win; at least that way their opinion mattered. If it wasn't clear UConn could get the 9 votes from the voting membership, what would be the point of supporting them in the discussion?

Reaction Score
I think a little too much was made of the "Syracuse supported Louisville over us", and extrapolating that to mean, "Syracuse hates us forever." Their support could have meant "We would support Louisville over UConn *if* we had to choose only one".

Having not yet formally joined the organization as a voting member, Syracuse's (and Pitt's and ND's, for that matter) could be at best advisory. Therefore, the best way to actually exert influence in the decision would be to come out and support a candidate in any informal votes or discussions. And since they don't have a vote when the question of an invite is raised, they may as well speak in support of the candidate that is more likely to win; at least that way their opinion mattered. If it wasn't clear UConn could get the 9 votes from the voting membership, what would be the point of supporting them in the discussion?

Supporting Louisville over UConn = Anti-UConn.

Let's face the truth.

TexanMark is absolutely wrong on this one.

The reason Cuse supports Ville over UConn is because Cuse used to grab kids from Ct. for football, including many of its best players, and it competes with UConn for bball players in NYC.

That's why Cuse supported Ville.

All other suppositions are disingenuous.

Reaction Score
Supporting Louisville over UConn = Anti-UConn.

Let's face the truth.

TexanMark is absolutely wrong on this one.

The reason Cuse supports Ville over UConn is because Cuse used to grab kids from Ct. for football, including many of its best players, and it competes with UConn for bball players in NYC.

That's why Cuse supported Ville.

All other suppositions are disingenuous.

If it makes you feel better...go ahead and think that.

Your school's worst decision was spearheading that lawsuit with that politician.

Reaction Score
Funny. The only lawsuit that matters is the one UConn spear headed. Currently the ACC is suing or counter suing Maryland. I hope Maryland wins by knockout.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fishy prefers the B1G over the ACC for UConn. He has told me this in chat.

It'd be insane not to think that way, really.

Reaction Score
It'd be insane not to think that way, really.
Money of-course...but, I'm happy (as a Cuse fan) staying in a conference that runs along I-85/95 vs I-80/90...our fans and alumni are along the east coast. If the ACC remains in tact it is our best place.

Reaction Score

Your school's worst decision was spearheading that lawsuit with that politician.

What a bizarre comment. How in the world did the lawsuit impact Syracuse? Why would that make any difference? And, why would it make me feel better? It makes me feel worse.

Beyond that, Pitt was in on the lawsuit, and their Pres. was overtly hostile to the ACC. Not to mention a member or two of your board openly challenged Father Leahy in public on his aversion to the truth. Did it have an impact?

What you refuse to acknowledge, Mark, is that long before the breakup or the lawsuit, we had Bob Ryan reporting in the Boston Globe that higher-ups in BC admin. and the AD office were very worried that UConn was going to become the dominant football team in New England and take over. Ryan even provided the money quote. The attitude toward UConn was the same ever since the early days...

Don't delude yourself.

It's about competition.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure Pitt is. The other two for certain.

Syracuse and BC are so soft they'd be happy to have one less team to compete against. They are too stupid to understand that competition is good.

The Big Ten wasn't afraid of Nebraska and the SEC wasn't scared of A&M and both leagues are better for it.

BC already drapes their 'superfans' in yellow - Syracuse is due for an update from orange to yellow.

Reaction Score
...and BC, Pitt and Syracuse are running away from competing with UConn.

Pitt less so. I don't think they competed in New England, and I can only recall UConn beating them for a Pa. recruit a couple times.

Reaction Score

It's amazing to me that people in Mass and NY still drink this kool-aid. Hell, even some people in CT. That's a good excuse for schools like BC to cling to because they'd rather not admit their pu$$ies and are terrified of facing us our program if we're in a half-way decent conference.

As of others have said, Pitt was a big part of that lawsuit and has since been let in. And don't kid yourself. The only reason you didn't want to touch that lawsuit is because you held a bloody knife in your hand fresh out of the Big East's back, only problem was that you were left at the alter. Would have looked hilarious if Cuse had tried to take part in that lawsuit.

The MAIN reason BC and now Cuse do not want UConn in the ACC is because of competition. Period. End of Discussion.

And yes, there were several writers who were told by several sources that Cuse was not pro-louisville as much as they were anti-UConn when the ACC was asking their opinion. I can't say I'm suprised by that, just as I'm not suprised BC wants no part of us in the ACC. Cuz we'll whoop their in football just like we did in hoops.

And as for Cuse, they would rather UConn die on the vine instead of competing against them on the court or the gridiron like the pu$$ies that many that make up their fanbase are.

Is there any wonder their damn mascot is a fruit?

Reaction Score
It's amazing to me that people in Mass and NY still drink this kool-aid. Hell, even some people in CT. That's a good excuse for schools like BC to cling to because they'd rather not admit their pu$$ies and are terrified of facing us our program if we're in a half-way decent conference.

As of others have said, Pitt was a big part of that lawsuit and has since been let in. And don't kid yourself. The only reason you didn't want to touch that lawsuit is because you held a bloody knife in your hand fresh out of the Big East's back, only problem was that you were left at the alter. Would have looked hilarious if Cuse had tried to take part in that lawsuit.

The MAIN reason BC and now Cuse do not want UConn in the ACC is because of competition. Period. End of Discussion.

And yes, there were several writers who were told by several sources that Cuse was not pro-louisville as much as they were anti-UConn when the ACC was asking their opinion. I can't say I'm suprised by that, just as I'm not suprised BC wants no part of us in the ACC. Cuz we'll whoop their in football just like we did in hoops.

And as for Cuse, they would rather UConn die on the vine instead of competing against them on the court or the gridiron like the pu$$ies that many that make up their fanbase are.

Is there any wonder their damn mascot is a fruit?

Cuse fans had a touch decade or so. They saw UConn take multiple BE championships, 3 national championships, then had to endure watching UConn beat them up in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom