Some quotes from Jalen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some quotes from Jalen

Reaction Score

“Not a burden,” Adams said. “It kind of inspired me, every day you come in and you see those guys up there, you’re a guard, you know what to do. It’s not, ‘Oh damn, I didn’t live up to what they did.’ I’ve still got more to go and it just adds fuel to the fire. [Losing] definitely sucks. I came here to get more exposure in March, but it is what it is. Sometimes people just have to learn from adversity and that’s my situation.”

Jalen back for AAC Tournament?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I see vital as this more being they had career losing records.

Can someone explain to me this recent fetish with tying Vital's tenure to the team's record while he was here? You folks are insinuating that he himself bears responsibility for that record, which is so ludicrous I want to believe I'm misreading you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jalen’s gonna play in the NBA, his game, and the way he can/will be used, translates better.

If he develops an outside shot. Without the D to balance it out, he's gotta be able to knock it down automatic.

Reaction Score
He can't play the 1 at all at the NBA level, doesn't have 2 guard length/lateral quickness for defense or, as mentioned, an elite 3 pt shot. I think he will have an illustrious overseas career though, which (hot take alert) is kind of cooler than being some deep, deep bench nobody in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I really think it was a major coaching failure, and one of the sadder parts of the KO era, that none of our players REALLY developed that killer instinct and "grown man" maturity that Hurley always talks about. (Except CV, but he had that fire before he came here.) I think the mental aspect of the game is totally coachable, and in my opinion any high level coach worth their salt should be able to turn proverbial boys into men. Jalen was failed in this department in my opinion.

I'd definitely say Boatright had that killer mentality.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd definitely say Boatright had that killer mentality.

Recruited by JC of course. I'm not a big "JC's guys" with regards to KO when assessing talent. KO won 2014 straight up, and played a big part of it. But it's fair to say JC, as a man, attracted a type of player who were junk yard dogs. KO seemed to attract a lot of really nice kids.

Reaction Score
Great kid who deserves all the praise. He carried the Jersey with pride.

I wish him well. But it's simply not truthful to classify his tenure with the phrases "deserves all the praise" and "carried the jersey with pride."

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me this recent fetish with tying Vital's tenure to the team's record while he was here? You folks are insinuating that he himself bears responsibility for that record, which is so ludicrous I want to believe I'm misreading you.
Nope. Love CV. It’s actually tragic that he had this record as was earls. CV alone is a .500 team as one guy. So you are misreading me.

Reaction Score
Recruited by JC of course. I'm not a big "JC's guys" with regards to KO when assessing talent. KO won 2014 straight up, and played a big part of it. But it's fair to say JC, as a man, attracted a type of player who were junk yard dogs. KO seemed to attract a lot of really nice kids.

Well, we have to remember Boatright's recruitment. He certainly wasn't a UConn kid all the way. I mean, I believe UConn wanted Jabari Hinds instead?! Imagine--that kid went nowhere.

I think Ollie must have changed. No way you can go from a hard-nosed NC team, with many of the key cogs having 3 years under Ollie, to what happened later without a fundamental change. It was really night and day.

Reaction Score
I wish Jalen had spent a year playing with Boat.
Bazz and Boat both had that killer instinct. They even got into it with each other quite a bit. I even recall Bazz pushing boat away at one point in the NCAA tourney. They wanted the ball and they wanted to win. Boat would have rubbed off on Jalen quite a bit IMO. Great point.

Reaction Score
This was a tough season for JA....it just seemed like he wasn’t locked in or completely focused. Grant I can’t even imagine the pressure this kid was bearing with a coaching change along with some other things going on. The previous coaching habits probably had a lot to do with it also

Reaction Score
He can't play the 1 at all at the NBA level, doesn't have 2 guard length/lateral quickness for defense or, as mentioned, an elite 3 pt shot. I think he will have an illustrious overseas career though, which (hot take alert) is kind of cooler than being some deep, deep bench nobody in the NBA.
Jaylen will play PG at the next level wherever it is.

Reaction Score
I really wish Jalen had one last shot to get this team into the tournament. Kid deserves it.

Reaction Score
Jalen’s gonna play in the NBA, his game, and the way he can/will be used, translates better.
It's incredibly difficult to play in the league as a 6'2 combo guard with no jump shot. It gets even harder when you aren't insanely dedicated to improving your craft, always in the gym. He may get a cup of coffee on a terrible team like Dyson did but anything more than that would surprise me.

Reaction Score
KEA= killer
Kemba= killer
Bazz= killer
Boat = killer
Jalen just not that kind of kid. Wish him well , but I’ll be very surprised if he makes an nba roster Very.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom