... some Jim Calhoun in Dan Hurley | The Boneyard

... some Jim Calhoun in Dan Hurley

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
And since you posted this, here's another good article on him from 1/27 :

https://nypost.com/2018/01/27/danny-hurleys-a-monster-and-rhode-island-is-the-beneficiary/

"
As Rhode Island has become a mid-major power, Hurley’s stock has risen. Rutgers twice came after him. He was reportedly in the mix for the Georgetown job that went to Patrick Ewing. Some believe UConn could be a landing spot. After a recent win over Dayton, freshman Fatts Russell asked Hurley about it, after hearing from fans during the game his coach would be leaving.

Hurley reassured Russell: At the moment, he doesn’t think much about the rumors.

“I don’t have any thought on it, because I love where I’m at, with what we have coming in, and what we’re doing recruiting,” said Hurley, who is under contract through the 2023-24 season. “We’re in a position to be able to sustain this.”

Of course, that could always change, depending on what jobs open up. A source close to the Hurley family said he’s in no hurry to go elsewhere, and he will be picky. In his next job, he wants a place he can compete for Final Fours and annually land four- and five-star recruits, the source said.

For now, Hurley is thrilled with where he’s at, breaking through last year and taking an even bigger step this year, with a top-30 recruiting class on the way."

Reaction Score
I read on other forums his wife wants to stay in the northeast. I have no source which may seem irrelevant, but take it for what it is - “cuz Stone Cold said so”

Reaction Score
If Hurley comes do we get back Tom Moore? The toughness and fight in Hurley sounds impressive, something that’s been lacking. Can he recruit?

Reaction Score
If Hurley comes do we get back Tom Moore? The toughness and fight in Hurley sounds impressive, something that’s been lacking. Can he recruit?

Yes Hurley seems to be a solid recruiter the past couple of years...

2018 ranked 29th nationally which is good for a mid-major

Reaction Score
There is always a chance Hurley just stays put. It seems like the family loves it there. What does his squad look like next year?

Reaction Score
There is always a chance Hurley just stays put. It seems like the family loves it there. What does his squad look like next year?
He brings in a nice class but loses 6 seniors.

Reaction Score

His base slalary is currently $300k, I don’t see a chance of him staying put.

Reaction Score
So what does UC get in Hurley? Is he a DI / tuff taskmaster / JC jr?? or what??

Reaction Score
I have nothing to back this up but i think its a done deal that Hurley comes here and it may be something decided/agreed on a while back. Ill be more surprised by Hurley not becoming the next coach then if hes introduced on Monday as i expect.

Reaction Score

Tom Moore commutes to URI from Tolland. Hurley could do the same if he needed to.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
His base slalary is currently $300k, I don’t see a chance of him staying put.

His total compensation brings him to over $1m per season. He gets about 600k of gate receipts annually.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
URI is in rebuild mode for the next 1-2 years. Dowtin and Russell need to be huge.

UConn with Adams, Vital, a healthy Gilbert (knock on wood), and improvement from the front court can win 18-20 games next year. Call me crazy but I trust that backcourt.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
His family is an hour away from Storrs. They wouldn’t have to move anywhere...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom