Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 99 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My wife works at the school. Nuggets get passed along from people that are fairly important. Historically, info probably in the 70% correct range.

In regards to Goodman's tweet - she was told this morning there is a Plan B lined up...and a Plan C if Plan B falls apart. No one wants Plan C to happen, even the coach who is Plan C. Also "not promising" was the general feeling regarding Hurley around 11 this morning and the feeling was strictly in regards to money.
So who’s the person between Hurley and Calhoun?

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
CHpQkuUVEAAsJS8.jpg

Plan B is obviously Tom Penders.

Reaction Score
Might be in the minority here, but I think that the longer this drags out, the worse it is for Pitt, and better it is for us and URI. He knows that Pitt is offering the most money. The fact that he hasn't jumped yet means there's more than money in play here.

Reaction Score
We DO NOT want Frank Martin. Look at his resume, it’s nothing special. He has made it past the first weekend 2 times in 11 years as a HC. Doesn’t get good recruits. Stay FAR away.

Ill be really disappointed if we don't get a really good coach.

Reaction Score
We DO NOT want Frank Martin. Look at his resume, it’s nothing special. He has made it past the first weekend 2 times in 11 years as a HC. Doesn’t get good recruits. Stay FAR away.

No argument here. He'll also be a dreadful recruiter in the northeast. I'd rather take a shot on a younger guy. Granted Martin is only 51, that surprised me. Still, he's been around long enough for us to know his limitations.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I liked Martin back when he seemed like he was on the way up at K-State. He's looking more and more like a guy who has a ceiling.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
If Frank Martin left USC for UConn I would love to hear the talking heads. A P5 guy leaving his school for the AAC. THE AMERICAN?!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My wife works at the school. Nuggets get passed along from people that are fairly important. Historically, info probably in the 70% correct range.

In regards to Goodman's tweet - she was told this morning there is a Plan B lined up...and a Plan C if Plan B falls apart. No one wants Plan C to happen, even the coach who is Plan C. Also "not promising" was the general feeling regarding Hurley around 11 this morning and the feeling was strictly in regards to money.

Yikes.

Reaction Score
Martin's teams rebound, play defense, and win ugly. I'm not sure that he is a great recruiter, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom