Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 93 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a toss up if Hurley visited this thread whether he'd consider UConn fans passionate fans and want to come to Storrs or neurotic fans that he should at all costs avoid.

Reaction Score
This is approaching The Decision.

"LeBron can't possibly be going on live TV to announce that he's leaving Cleveland. He wouldn't rub it in Cleveland's face like that."

"LeBron can't possibly be going on live TV to announce he's staying in Cleveland. What would be the point of all that pomp and circumstance?"

"Lebron is def going to the NYK since he is announcing in a greenwhich CT."

I hate him

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
DB is a very good AD. Being able to reel in or not reel in Hurley will not change my opinion about DB

I've heard this a many times on the BY. What makes DB such a great AD? Is it that he does his job? What has he done that gives him a bit of a lofty status on the BY?

Reaction Score
If all of these rumors are true and the Hurley team is trying to play multiple schools against each other we need to keep shopping. I'm mentally backing off. This isn't an ego thing it's a business decision and we need plans B, C, and D.

We're offering a lot and we expect a lot. If they want to stay in a comfortable but limited situation then fine, we move on because he's not ready.

Reaction Score
Definitely an insider.

upload_2018-3-21_14-21-54.jpeg

Reaction Score
I've heard this a many times on the BY. What makes DB such a great AD? Is it that he does his job? What has he done that gives him a bit of a lofty status on the BY?

I feel like the sentiment about DB's greatness hinges on this hire right here. We'll see how great he is by locking down Hurley

Reaction Score
I was not really sold on Hurley being the next coach, but this thread has me rooting for it now.. I wan’t UCONN Basketball to win!!! Even if it’s a competition for a head coach I am not in love with..

Just a Win !!!! The Huskies need to feel good for a change after the last few years.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I went out to a coffee shop and had a conversation for over two hours, never looking at the yard. Thought for sure this would be over once I got back home...nope.

Reaction Score
Rhode Island could pay for everything Hurley wants with ease.

Eliminate the football program.
That has been a constant debate on KeanyBLue forums. Unlike Maine, which sends many players to the NFL and CFL, URI football has had something like 3 winning seasons in 30 years.
Apparently there is a strong club hockey team and they want to replace the Football team with D-1 hockey, with sights set on Hockey East.
Many football alumni basically say "over my dead body"

Reaction Score
Given the leak of confidence Monday and still no announcement...could they be holding off until they have a settlement with KO?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm back to thinking he picks us.

Pitt is too much upheaval for his family, even at that price; and them playing games by floating Miller and others tells me they don't think they are getting him.

URI has stepped up to the plate more than I thought they would or could, and I'm sure that caused some serious contemplation. But after reportedly dreaming of greener and greater pastures at UConn for a while now, I can't see him choosing to stay and envisioning going back to the same ol', same ol' that he has presumably been working to rise above for years.

Of course, we're still doomed.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yeah, I've seen basically nothing so far. Signed a bad contract with Ollie (not the monetary extension, but the huge buyout provision). Fired a dud in Diaco. Hired the old coach back. Messy split with Ollie (made the right move to let him go probably, I'll give him that).

And now he's going publically all in on ONE candidate.

What else has he done?

Reaction Score
I'm back to thinking he picks us.

Pitt is too much upheaval for his family, even at that price; and them playing games by floating Miller and others tells me they don't think they are getting him.

URI has stepped up to the plate more than I thought they would or could, and I'm sure that caused some serious contemplation. But after reportedly dreaming of greener and greater pastures at UConn for a while now, I can't see him choosing to stay and envisioning going back to the same ol', same ol' that he has presumably been working to rise above for years.

Of course, we're still doomed.
I think our administration still feels good about it. That's why I'm worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom