Soak this tweet in | The Boneyard

Soak this tweet in

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This team is the most complete, deep and balanced since UConn's '09 team which may have gave UNC a run if they didn't get stuck with a road game in the final 4.

We're really good. And even the best teams lose games now and then. This place will be a nightmare when we finally have a bad game and lose. Players will get crucified and people will say Hurley should be canned. It will be fun.

Reaction Score
This team is the most complete, deep and balanced since UConn's '09 team which may have gave UNC a run if they didn't get stuck with a road game in the final 4.

We're really good. And even the best teams lose games now and then. This place will be a nightmare when we finally have a bad game and lose. Players will get crucified and people will say Hurley should be canned. It will be fun.
We would have won that road game had Dyson not gotten hurt.

Reaction Score

We had a bad game tonight and still broke away.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

The bigger issue was that we lost our starting SG and heart and soul of that team, Jerome Dyson, to a meniscus tear a month earlier. With Dyson in the lineup I think we would have had even odds against UNC.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The bigger issue was that we lost our starting SG and heart and soul of that team, Jerome Dyson, to a meniscus tear a month earlier. With Dyson in the lineup I think we would have had even odds against UNC.
I think oddmakers would have made UConn the underdog, but, as with Duke in 1999, I would have disagreed.

Reaction Score

Agree. That UConn team was loaded. Too bad Dyson got hurt .

Reaction Score
Dyson was a tenacious defender and a heck of an athlete who wasn’t afraid to slash to the rim through contact. It was a major loss and yes they would have beaten MSU with him in the lineup. I’ll always be bitter about that, especially with how Sparty nation reacted after the win

Reaction Score
Dyson was a tenacious defender and a heck of an athlete who wasn’t afraid to slash to the rim through contact. It was a major loss and yes they would have beaten MSU with him in the lineup. I’ll always be bitter about that, especially with how Sparty nation reacted after the win
losing at final 4 didn’t bother me. Returned favor in elite 8 in 2014.

Reaction Score
And Dyson is the type of wing defender who would have locked down Korey Luscious and Dorrell Summers, the two players who went off and got MSU the lead with their scoring spurts.

But UConn got sweet revenge in 2014 with their home court advantage at MSG :)

Reaction Score

March 24th 2006. I was in a bar in George Mason’s backyard at the time and let me tell you that it was not a lot of fun. There are plenty of people on this board who don’t think that kind of nightmare can happen to this team. It can. And we pass the ball infinitely better than they did but look back at that lineup.

Reaction Score
March 24th 2006. I was in a bar in George Mason’s backyard at the time and let me tell you that it was not a lot of fun. There are plenty of people on this board who don’t think that kind of nightmare can happen to this team. It can. And we pass the ball infinitely better than they did but look back at that lineup.
The good news is that we don’t have to worry about a virtual road game the first two weekends if we keep playing like this. It was great in ‘14 to start Buffalo to MSG, but this year, Albany to MSG is even better. Four games within what — 90 minutes from the state line?

Reaction Score

Bah. I was there, it wasn't that much of a road game. They win it all if Dyson doesn't get hurt that season.

Reaction Score
Bah again. That wasn't some run of the mill nightmare. That team had no heart. They were lucky to get as far as they did. They struggled with the 16 seed F F S.

Reaction Score
It seems this year that we get the three-point dagger when we most need it. Reminds me of the Rashard days!

Reaction Score
Bah again. That wasn't some run of the mill nightmare. That team had no heart. They were lucky to get as far as they did. They struggled with the 16 seed F F S.
That's a little harsh. They won a heck of a lot of games and won a #1 seed.

What they didn't have was a secondary ball handler after Marcus Williams, either from the wing or as a backup point. As we've seen time after time, normally to our benefit, guard play becomes more important in the tourney than it is in the regular season, and we had one true guard. And what they also didn't have was the pure alpha dog who you could get the ball to and they were going to get their own shot and make it no matter what. Anyone like a Rip Hamilton, a Ben Gordon, an Omeka Okafor, a Kenba or a Shabazz. Everyone on that team could score, but only Rudy Gay had the real skill set to be the alpha scorer, and as an underclassmen on a team full of good upperclassmen, he never wanted to take over offensively. (Anderson had the onions, but he needed the offense to get him looks with his feet set.)

Reaction Score

We absolutely would have beat UNC in 09

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It took a long time before this forum stopped saying George F'in Mason.

Lack of ball handling with the suspension of AJ Price for the season. Austrie did well but he and Marcus were not enough. That loss of AJ was the only incident that nyhuskyfan/Gurleyman demonstrated an emotional negative reaction in his illustrious presence in this forum.

Rashad Anderson had some skin infection that was so serious he was hospitalized and for a long period. He fortunately recovered but it impacted his play the remainder of the season. He was definitely the best 3 pt shooter on the team prior to that illness.

Hilton Armstrong suffered an ankle or hamstring injury just prior to tournament. Was limited in his play but prior to the injury was playing some of the best ball of his career.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It could. But I was in the minority in thinking that squad with Gay was never an NC caliber team. I think the chemistry on this team is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom