So You’re Telling Me There’s A Chance | The Boneyard

So You’re Telling Me There’s A Chance

Reaction Score
However Hurley finishes this year’s roster all we realistically want after number 5 is to be in position for a chance. And Clingan in the 5 spot is what makes that possible this year with a bunch of pieces around him. Don’t know if it’s possible to have his backup be as productive or influential as he was because there were many times when we looked better with him in there. We’ll worry about next year next year but Clingan makes all things possible for us.

Reaction Score
However Hurley finishes this year’s roster all we realistically want after number 5 is to be in position for a chance. And Clingan in the 5 spot is what makes that possible this year with a bunch of pieces around him. Don’t know if it’s possible to have his backup be as productive or influential as he was because there were many times when we looked better with him in there. We’ll worry about next year next year but Clingan makes all things possible for us.

Purdue was #1 much of the year with a dominant big surrounded by a bunch of freshmen, if I remember correctly. And Clingan has more lateral ability and quickness than Edey so he won't get exposed by smaller teams (ala FDU).

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Purdue was #1 much of the year with a dominant big surrounded by a bunch of freshmen, if I remember correctly. And Clingan has more lateral ability and quickness than Edey so he won't get exposed by smaller teams (ala FDU).
And he will add an outside shot, which Edey didn’t have…

Reaction Score
I have faith in Hurley and his coaching staff. Over the last year, we witnessed the growth and development from players, coaches, offense and defense schemes across the board. And more importantly, our talent level continues to rise. We may have ups and downs along the way, but by March, Hurley will have a potent squad in the big dance.

Reaction Score
But not having Sanogo is gonna hurt, he was so dominant in scoring. Love Clingan and I hope his scoring becomes a bigger factor this next year- it will be needed for sure.

Reaction Score
Need a couple more pieces in the portal, but likely Jaylin Stewart is a bucket- getter off the bench.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sanogo/Clingan was a hell of a 1-2 punch at center. Add to that guys who could put it in the hole from distance and two guys who could slash and make their way to the basket and it’s no surprise that teams had such difficulty with us.

Reaction Score
I have faith in Hurley and his coaching staff. Over the last year, we witnessed the growth and development from players, coaches, offense and defense schemes across the board. And more importantly, our talent level continues to rise. We may have ups and downs along the way, but by March, Hurley will have a potent squad in the big dance.
Spot on. The trip to Europe and early season tournaments will be of tremendous value to this team!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Edey might have been the slowest player in D1 this century. OTOH, Clingan gets up and down the court faster than most bigs.

I was really hoping we'd have faced Purdue as I saw a 40 pt beatdown coming.

The big question is how many minutes can Clingan reasonably deliver w/o getting burned out like Adama did in '22.

Reaction Score
I haven’t read the OP but I believe there’s always a chance. After 50 years with the same woman I still believe I can win the next argument.
I have exciting news for you. After my interaction with the opposite sex over the past 70+ years I feel that I'm very close to cracking this case on how to deal and how to win. I honestly think in the next just 25-30 years I'll have the solution.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have exciting news for you. After my interaction with the opposite sex over the past 70+ years I feel that I'm very close to cracking this case on how to deal and how to win. I honestly think in the next just 25-30 years I'll have the solution.
I actually did win an argument once. And then I woke up!

Reaction Score
Clingan is going to be a monster, however stepping into a main role on a team with extended minutes, defenses designed for you, players going at you to get you in foul trouble - there will definitely be an adjustment period and learning curve. He will be the man.

Reaction Score
I've actually won a few. And there's a name for when you win one: pyrrhic victory.
Yup, that's when you find out later you actually lost? Been there many times.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The big question is how many minutes can Clingan reasonably deliver w/o getting burned out like Adama did in '22.
That's the thing. I imagine that it would be a huge stretch to believe sophomore year DC would be better conditioned than sophomore year AS. In a perfect world, I believe Hurley would like to keep Clingan at 28-30 minutes each game. This would require some contribution from Singare and possibly some fill in minutes with two fours (AK & SJ). As I imagine the minutes SH wants from AK & SJ will exceed 40 per game I don't think it is a leap to think this is part of Hurley's plan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think we’ll have the number 1 defense if Hurley can surround Clingan with non potato level defenders. He’s gonna have the rim on lockdown, just need guys to stifle the 3pt line if Newton/Andre aren’t around to continue their high level play.

With a strong defensive foundation comes a very promising team. I’ll be interested to see how the staff builds an entirely new offense around the Castle/Clingan PnR, especially with shooting currently a weakness. I suspect half of our playbook to be thrown out and replaced with more paint heavy sets.

Reaction Score
Karaban showed confidence late in the year putting the ball on the deck, beating defenders to the paint, and finishing through contact. I expect him to do more of that, while maintaining the excellent shooting/spacing/passing he showed this year.
Yeah i think Karaban is going to be really, really good next season. He was a freshmen yet so big a contributor to the title run. Cling needs to work on his conditioning because he wont likely have the luxury of a stud coming off the bench to give him a breather and keep him fresh into March.

Reaction Score
“Donovan’s not going to be able to be a 32 to 34 minutes a game player, nor do we want him to be,” Hurley said. “We want Donovan to be able to be in that 26-to-28-minute range I think in a perfect world and there’s gonna be more frontcourt minutes there.”

Reaction Score
Yeah i think Karaban is going to be really, really good next season. He was a freshmen yet so big a contributor to the title run. Cling needs to work on his conditioning because he wont likely have the luxury of a stud coming off the bench to give him a breather and keep him fresh into March.
Also needs to work on free throw shooting

Reaction Score
“Donovan’s not going to be able to be a 32 to 34 minutes a game player, nor do we want him to be,” Hurley said. “We want Donovan to be able to be in that 26-to-28-minute range I think in a perfect world and there’s gonna be more frontcourt minutes there.”

Article says four in the transfer portal. I only count three.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom