So what has you most concerned about the upcoming game? | The Boneyard

So what has you most concerned about the upcoming game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Mine:

a) ND's Flop-O-Rama offense gets them to the line and us into foul trouble. (Which is another way of saying... the refs.)

b) The freshmen come down with a major case of stage fright.

c) Stef plays 5 minutes and can't go....

d) Diggins makes a shot from half court at the buzzer of 4th O.T. to beat us by one.

Reaction Score
A couple of things concern me.

1. The refs. If they let ND play overly physical and call touch fouls on us, that concerns me.

2. Us starting the game tight. I hope that we come out and play loose, fun, and not afraid.

3. Not getting the 50-50 balls. When ND shoots a 3 and we just watch the ball hit the rim and bounce all over and not get after it, that concerns me.

4. If Doris Burke is calling the game or not. I use to think that she was neutral when calling UConn games. Not anymore. If she is calling the game, I might have to mute the game and play a Kenny G sound track while the game is being played, which makes me fall asleep then I miss the game. That concerns me.

Other than that...I am good. Let's go, Huskies!!!! One game at a time.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
McBride's scoring.. UConn can control almost everything else.

Reaction Score
Concerned, nothing concerns me. Bet the house on Ms. Stewart and our Lady Huskies! I especailly look forward to Kelly F having a great game, just don't let her handle the ball that much.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
*sigh*
NEforceUConn, there's no such thing as Lady Huskies. That name never appears on any of the team material - and, it's a point of distinction because some of our traditional arch-rivals (Tennessee in particular) make such a big deal about being Lady Vols.

So, please. It's the UConn Women's Basketball team, or, just Huskies. And, there's hardly a better way to identify yourself as not being a women's team cognisenti than referring to "Lady Huskies".

Reaction Score
Dysentery

ALEX: you certainly seem like a decent sort, so I hope you do not fall victim to dys as you fear. Never been there myself, but from all reports it is nasty, iin the old-time sense of the term.

Reaction Score
As noted in an earlier thread, a couple of zebras that are old-school old-sod, and we will be going against the tide and up the hill all night ...even one would be a nightmare.

Reaction Score
McBride and how our guards handle the pressure from Diggins and Lloyd.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm too nervous to watch, so what concerns me is whether I'll have the fortitude not to peek and get terribly upset at what I see or peek and get sucked in to watching....After the game in January, I swore never again...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The refs.

ND shooting FTs, especially when we play good defense on them for most odf the shot clock.

Key Huskies being in foul trouble, especially Stef, Kaleena, Stewie, and Moriah.

We can beat those guys straight up.

Reaction Score
I'm most concerned with the Huskies being completely psyched out by having lost to them three times this year and 7 of the last 8. I think I understand how Tennessee fans felt about UConn.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I fear ESPN will forget one of the "3 to See" is still playing.

Reaction Score
To break the pattern or not to break it? That, to me is the question. A tight game favors ND. Whether it is done in the first 5-6 minutes of the 1st half or in the last 5-6 minutes of that half, UCONN must break the game open with a devastating run in order to win.

Watch for it.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
My only bemusement: Which Stewie shows up.

Reaction Score
I'm too nervous to watch, so what concerns me is whether I'll have the fortitude not to peek and get terribly upset at what I see or peek and get sucked in to watching....After the game in January, I swore never again...

SEMP: C'MAWN, Man!!?

Reaction Score
PAP - always admired and appreciated your ability to dig up news links. THink this is a nifty thread as well.....a very interesting question you posed.

Jim

Reaction Score
I fear ESPN will forget one of the "3 to See" is still playing.
I fear ESPN won't let us forget one of the "3 to See" is still playing.

Reaction Score
My only concern is the refs, and that's a minor one. I'm expecting the assigned refs will be those with the best record for fairness and ability. They will not be calling the ticky-tack fouls or be fooled by the floppers. After reading the "interesting quote from Shea" thread, my concerns about the team dissolved. The team is ready, and their concentration solely on pouring it on relentlessly. Nothing will stop them. Geno will devise a spectacular game plan.

As Reggie Leach once said, "Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom